Sign in with
Your question

Anyway to tell about how much power your pc uses in a day or month

Last response: in Components
February 15, 2013 6:44:40 AM

my electrical bill was pretty high and its winter im using all gas shouldnt be much an electric bill only thing i can think of is the computer being on 24/7

is a core i7 920 overclocked
ssd hard drives
radeon 7850 card
650watt real power pro coolerwaster psu

More about : power day month

February 15, 2013 7:22:16 AM

Computers take up a lot of energy over the course of a month. Try turning it off when it's not being used.
m
l
Related resources
a c 297 ) Power supply
February 15, 2013 12:47:26 PM

WINTERLORD said:
my electrical bill was pretty high and its winter im using all gas shouldnt be much an electric bill only thing i can think of is the computer being on 24/7

is a core i7 920 overclocked
ssd hard drives
radeon 7850 card
650watt real power pro coolerwaster psu

Hi - Most CM PSU's are of poor quality. Dpn't know that on
your model(no review), but it isn't efficiency certified, so it will use more
pwer from the wall to supply the DC power your components
need at any given time.

So, it follows a gold rated psu is your best solution, EXCEPT
in most cases it will take years not months to recoup the cost
of purch a new psu for that purpose.

But, when you do upgrade keep efficiency in mind.
Example:

If your components need 200w at a point in time;

at 87% efficiency the psu will pull 230w from the wall,

at 80% efficiency it will pull 250w from the wall

and at 70% efficiency it will pull 286w, all 3 instances to
deliver 200w

I believe your PSU to be less than 70% efficient, but not certain
as there is no lab review.

m
l
February 18, 2013 7:27:45 PM

this is very good information to know thanks.

also
Motopsychojdn

i was wonderin how much does though little devises cost bedcause i could not navigate to a page that lists prices or where to purches them at.

another thing im wondering as well is if you have say a 650wastt power supply will it pull that much power all the time or only what the computer needs from it
m
l
a c 1193 ) Power supply
February 18, 2013 8:29:37 PM

WINTERLORD said:
this is very good information to know thanks.

also
Motopsychojdn

i was wonderin how much does though little devises cost bedcause i could not navigate to a page that lists prices or where to purches them at.

another thing im wondering as well is if you have say a 650wastt power supply will it pull that much power all the time or only what the computer needs from it

Several different models here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

or here:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/P3-International-Kill-A-Watt-...

If your system only needs 325 Watts and the CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 650W has an 84% AC-to-DC conversion efficiency at that power draw level, you should measure a power draw of 387 Watts at the power supply's AC wall outlet.
m
l
February 18, 2013 9:04:42 PM

hmm the power supply is just about if not right at 6yrs old. its a cooler master real power pro650. was wondering how long do these power supplies last? i do know that back when i got it the "pro" line was there premium line of psu's
m
l
a c 1193 ) Power supply
February 18, 2013 9:15:32 PM

WINTERLORD said:
hmm the power supply is just about if not right at 6yrs old. its a cooler master real power pro650. was wondering how long do these power supplies last? i do know that back when i got it the "pro" line was there premium line of psu's

All of the CoolerMaster Real Power Pro Series models had a 5 Year Warranty so if it's lasted longer than that you're doing good.
m
l
February 18, 2013 9:16:51 PM

***changed question **** what do you think is the effinciancy of my PSU after 6yrs pretty much 24/7 running but i dont play alot of games so its not maxed out in powerr drawl alot of the time. it dont go into sleep mode or anything though any ideas.

according to there website new it wouldf have an over 80% efficiency rating. so prolly 80% but what bout after 6years

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=2551
m
l
!