Suggestions on this build

Solution
The HAF series and Coolermaster cases in general are pretty good, though I find the 912 to be a bit bare on features. No USB 3, no tool-less bays, and only one more 5.25 and 2.5" bay compared to the Cougar.

I would go with the Cougar + a front 140mm fan. Works out cheaper than the HAF 912 and you get more features.

USB3 isnt essential, but a good feature to have. It offers increased bandwidth over USB2, so things like flash drives and external HDD's can deliver greater quantities of data without bottle-necking. That being said, only the faster flash drives would be restricted by USB2, and I doubt by much. The device would also have a USB3 connector to take advantage of the extra bandwidth.

traffik_-

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012

Alright it looks like this build is it. Also, my room gets really hot sometimes, would it effect the temperature of the pc.

It will keep the internal components supplied with fresh air, which will (hopefully) stop warm air building up inside the case and being recycled back through the components. Also sets up a slight (maybe, don't know the CFM of the stock 120mm fan) positive air pressure in the case, helps reduce dust intake.

traffik_-

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012

Somebody on reddit recommended this case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

It doesn't have usb 3.0 on the front panel(im not sure if that is entirely important or not). So, would you recommend the cougar case with the fan or the haf case?

The HAF series and Coolermaster cases in general are pretty good, though I find the 912 to be a bit bare on features. No USB 3, no tool-less bays, and only one more 5.25 and 2.5" bay compared to the Cougar.

I would go with the Cougar + a front 140mm fan. Works out cheaper than the HAF 912 and you get more features.

USB3 isnt essential, but a good feature to have. It offers increased bandwidth over USB2, so things like flash drives and external HDD's can deliver greater quantities of data without bottle-necking. That being said, only the faster flash drives would be restricted by USB2, and I doubt by much. The device would also have a USB3 connector to take advantage of the extra bandwidth.

Solution