Can I use Car Tweeters In Computer Speakers Logitech Z906? Well I have installed a pair of them on my Z906..

Hello
i have Logitech Z906 speakers and its tweeters are not good
so i was thinking that can i use car tweeters Pioneer Model Ts-s20 In My Logitech Z906

after years and today on 25th of feb in 2019

well was using these speakers since 2012 have changed them 3 times in replacements.....
but its been years nothing new in market and i was not satisfied with the clearity of these speakers in the end
i bought
https://www.jbl.com/GTO19T.html
tweeters and installed the same in my front speakers left and right via double sided tape and now the sound is soo much clear and great as it was supposed to be after installing tweeters
35mjdhd.jpg

2rfdh6v.jpg

Last edited:

see this is z906 satellite speaker back side and what i am gonna do is to just put + and - wires in these red and black port
i don't need to open it or any thing like that

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

what i am worried is my Z906 satellite speaker output is 75W RMS
and tweeter is 200 Watts Max and Nominal input: 50W will it affect speaker satellite volume

Computerrock1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Unless those tweeters have a enclosed magnet, they will sound horrible free airing it. It's just a fact the you have to have air pressure (resistance) in order for it to work properly.

To sum up, if it is in fact an enclosed magnet then you can do that, otherwise you will have to dismantle the speaker.

Also, you *may* have horrible artifacts on the low spectrum because you aren't connecting your speaker with any sort of crossover to remove them...

Computerrock1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009

yes, the division of the wattage will lower the overall db (volume / loudness) of the speaker.

If you place 2 sets of 8 ohm speakers in parallel, the amp will see a load of 4 ohms. Bad things can happen from this. Your amp will actually try to push 2x the power to drive this load.

In series, you would have a 16 ohm load and the amp would put out less power.

The speakers do list a crossover(just to cut the low sounds so they do not go to the tweeters) on the cable at least the instructions claim to.

Just want to bump this UP
well was using these speakers since 2012 have changed them 3 times in replacements.....
but its been years nothing new in market and i was not satisfied with the clearity of these speakers in the end
i bought
https://www.jbl.com/GTO19T.html
tweeters and installed the same in my front speakers left and right via double sided tape and now the sound is soo much clear and great as it was supposed to be after installing tweeters

35mjdhd.jpg

2rfdh6v.jpg