Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is the Viewsonic VX2753MH-LED really this bad ?

Last response: in Components
February 15, 2013 10:38:37 AM

I keep reading negative reviews about it that say : (the colors are washed out!,the text is not sharp etc...).

I mean is it really this bad?, it's true that when it comes out of the box it's a mess until you set it to PC mode and change the color mode to YCbCr444 instead of RGB and the colors will take a huge turn to the better.

in my opinion it's a good monitor with solid colors, it certainly isn't IPS quality but it compensates for that with its very low response time (1ms) making it an excellent monitor for gaming.

With that being said, i'm really not a monitor expert this is my third monitor ever (my second was a 19" MSI monitor) and i still have a chance to return the VX2753MH.

Should i return it? and if i should which monitor should i buy instead?

My main uses for the monitor are : Studying (Reading books etc...),Gaming, Photo editing (Rarely)

Edit: Also,If the monitor doesn't have built it in speakers can you please recommend a pair of speakers to go with the monitor?
February 15, 2013 11:21:38 AM

it has good overall reviews on newegg and amazon. professionally it got 4/5 from PCMag

The ViewSonic VX2753mh is an energy efficient 27-inch display that delivers great all around performance for a reasonable price.

and techradar gave it 3.5

At just £250, this is a fantastic choice if you're on a budget. You get plenty of screen for your money, and the two HDMI ports make it perfect for use with a Blu-ray player or games console in the bedroom. The image quality isn't the best out there (though it's far from bad), so if you're after a perfect picture you should look elsewhere.

plus the most important factor, you like it.

so what's the issue? if you want a better image you will most likely need to spend more money

On the 64-Step Grayscale test it was able to display all but the very lightest shade of gray, which was washed out. Dark grayscale performance was also good but not as sharp as what you'll get from an IPS monitor, like the NEC MultiSync PA301W ($2,299 list, 4.5 stars) or Apple Thunderbolt Display ($999 direct, 4 stars) , both of which are significantly more expensive than the VX2753mh.

I was a little disappointed with the VX2753mh's ability to display small text. Small fonts (5.3 points) on the DisplayMate Scaled Fonts test were certainly legible, but not as crisp as I've seen with other monitors, such as the Acer HN274H ($699 list, 4 stars).

both reviews along with amazon specs say the monitor has speakers. if you want better speaker then you would need a stated budget since there is a wide range of PC speakers out there.
February 15, 2013 12:27:45 PM

My budget for the monitor is 700$ give or take a few

For the speakers i'm not really sure but probably 200$ max
Related resources
a b C Monitor
February 15, 2013 1:49:09 PM

700$ us?

February 15, 2013 2:37:19 PM

iceclock said:
700$ us?

Yes
a b C Monitor
February 15, 2013 3:40:01 PM

what do u require. 3d. ips panel? specific resolution such as 1440p?

February 16, 2013 8:57:07 PM

iceclock said:
what do u require. 3d. ips panel? specific resolution such as 1440p?

My main uses for the monitor are : Studying (Reading books etc...),Gaming, Photo editing (Rarely)

So it needs to have a good response time with excellent colors and sharp text (one of my main uses is reading books and studying)

Edit: 27" and non 3D
a b C Monitor
February 17, 2013 1:54:03 AM

do u care for 1440p resolution or not?

February 17, 2013 7:09:33 PM

iceclock said:
do u care for 1440p resolution or not?

If it doesn't sacrifice the response rate or input lag then yes 1440p resolution is great.

Best solution

a b C Monitor
February 19, 2013 12:27:40 AM
February 19, 2013 7:21:57 PM

iceclock said:
let me check.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

would do the job

I see you linked me to the same monitor but no problem, after doing some research i found that this is the best for me.

Thank you for your recommendation, hopefully i'm going to buy it tomorrow.

February 19, 2013 7:22:07 PM

Best answer selected by ultjack.
a b C Monitor
February 19, 2013 9:54:59 PM

cheers. oops must of been tired

!