Computer screen randomly goes black but stll sound

leorik

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
iv been having a problem latly with my pc were the screen will randomly turn black. but the strange thing is that i can still hear
thing for a little while bfor it fully freezes

my specs are
windows 7
core i7-3770
8gn ram
hd radeon 8750
450v psu

so here how it goes ,i upgraded my pc about a month ago and it was working fine untill about 2 weeks ago were it would randomly get a black screen maybe once per 2 days or so but it has been consistantly geting more and more offten and now it happens like 6-8 times a day
i have yet to change my psu which is 450v which is kinda low but it didnt seem to have any problems at all at the start idk if i t could be my psu or not but that seems to be my number one possiblitie atm,but i dont wish to buy a new psu to fine it isnt the corse of the problem
im just wondering if u guys know what the problem is

leorik

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

i brought a the cpu , graphic card, mobo and ram.but i just brought an new psu today and hopfully that will solve the problem

ecoIllusion

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014

I have a 750W psu (which is overkill for my configuration) and I'm still having almost the same problems that you are. Happens on both Linux and Windows, so it's not software-related.
Only in my case, it only happens if I use a HDMI cable. Have you tried using a different type of cable to see if problem persists ? From what I read, DVI is the better solution.