This system will be on fire! Will it Cook?

LoL not really a serious question but would this burn a house down? or will it kill you with skyhigh electrical bills?

FX 8120 @ 5GHZ on some ridiculously high voltage on some air cooler...
with Quad SLI STOCK reference GTX 480 The Heater, The Egg Cooking! Fermi the First! OVER EFiin Clocked!f
an FX can consume ridiculously high watts on its own, I wonder with the Quad UBERClocked Fermi, will it Cook?
5 answers Last reply
More about this system fire cook
  1. Your components would shut down before they melt or start burning.
    Yep, I suspect that hardware will rack up quite an electricity bill. Especially if your running with an inefficient PSU.
  2. battlecrymoderngearsolid said:
    LoL not really a serious question but would this burn a house down? or will it kill you with skyhigh electrical bills?

FX 8120 @ 5GHZ on some ridiculously high voltage on some air cooler...
    with Quad SLI STOCK reference GTX 480 The Heater, The Egg Cooking! Fermi the First! OVER EFiin Clocked!f
    an FX can consume ridiculously high watts on its own, I wonder with the Quad UBERClocked Fermi, will it Cook?

An egg cooks at 158F, which is 70c. You can cook em on most any GPU as that is normal operating temperature. As for the CPU, it's a different story. The AMD FX's max operating temp is 61c.
    http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-FX-Series%20FX-8150.html

I'm not quire sure if you referring to food, or just destroying the hardware. The latter doesn't take any skill.
  3. how about not wasting others time and using cooking equipment for your egg?
  4. Yes, it will if you so wish.
  5. When you start messing with the voltages on your system, file it under "things that will not end well". :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Quad Systems