danyon

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Hey guys,
Was just wondering.. If I got a new power supply 1000W and took out my old 1 but left all the cables there and plugged them into the new one if it would be fine?
I really dont want to have to mangage my cables all over again :(

danyon

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Well I have crossfire Msi lightning 7970's 300 watts+.. They will be pushed as far as they can go under water.
My cpu will be at 5ghz-5.2 also I have 14fans a watercooling pump 3 ssd's 4 harddrives 3 devices are plugged in the usb slots at all times 1 lighting strip..

I believe I may need it not sure

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/HD_7970_Lightning/26.html

I have a thermaltake Toughpower XT 775watt
I would get either:

OCZ Technology ZX Series 1250W
Or
OCZ Fatal1ty Series 1000W Modular
Thanks

Going to recommend against trying to reuse your cables in either of those units. Here's the issue that I see. If keeping to the OEM manufacturer of the ThermalTake (built by ChannelWell) there is some chance of the modular cables being compatible. Use a PSU from a different builder and the likehood becomes less. The OCZ ZX 1250 is built by Great Wall, the OCZ Fatal1ty 1000 is built by Sirtec.
I would be looking at some ChannelWell built PSU's if looking to reuse existing cables. Thermaltake, Corsair, Xigmatek, CoolerMaster use CWT for manufacturing (not exclusively in most cases), there are a few others also.
This seems to be a lot of effort to avoid a few hours work and creativity IMO.