Pc case or pc chassis - which is correct in the UK?

I just did a Google search for online vendors in the UK. Every vendor listed on the first two pages uses the term case.

Now I wonder why a few of the UK sites that publish hardware reviews use the term chassis instead of case when referring to consumer pc cases. In the USA the term rackmount chassis is associated with business enterprise.

Interesting. I typically associate the terms chassis and cabinet with commercial installations, corporate Intranets, IT departments, and server farms.

BTW - I had to laugh when I read the softpedia article. I still use my genuine IBM mechanical keyboard that was manufactured in 1984. It weighs 8.5 pounds, is an ugly beige color, and it is indestructible. I like it because the main keys are an exact duplicate of the old IBM Model D electric typewriter. I learned to type on a Model D a long long time ago. Hmmmm.......Kids probably don't know what a typewriter is!

yes thats where mechanical keyboards arrise from the ibm keyboards, they stopped production because it was too expensive to manufacture such keyboards and also they last long time so less people would replace there keyboads if they kept making mechanical keyboards.

gotta love mechs tho, just switched to one and its night and day.

i like the blue mx switches cuz it sounds like ur typing on a type writer. :p