FIRST 660 ti video spotted

You must have seen the photos of the MSI Hawks that have been floating around on the other 660 Ti threads.

I read a report that the cards would be released on August 14th, instead of the 16th as we've been hearing. Maybe we won't even have to wait that long.

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

Stupid best buy employees released the card 5 days early ! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:lol: yeah those are indeed what i have my eyes set on but i want to play it safe so i will wait for benchmarks and reviews from more well known respected professional review sites i just don't trust tweak town enough with that kind of money i need to be sure ;)

Here, you can start your shopping from this list:

Complete List of Reference and Factory Overclocked GeForce GTX 660Ti’s Leaked – 3GB Models Listed Too
http://wccftech.com/geforce-gtx-660ti-fac/

Thanks bro youdaman :sol: which would you recommend?NVM i just realized i am taking over OP thread my bad i apologize

Well, you gotta start with the ones that have a 6+8 pin power connection (instead of reference 6+6 pin), because you know those designs are looking to push the overclocks. I would strongly consider the 3GB versions as well.

If it were just for the name, I'd go with the Inno3D "Ice Dragon" 3GB edition, because that just sounds too cool, but you probably can't find those where you live.

Then there's the Zotac AMP! clocked at 1111 mhz (with "only" a 6+6 pin), but for $400, you'd probably want a GTX 670. Still, that card's gotta be pumping to expect people to pay that much.

Ultimately, I would have to go with the tried and true standbys, the MSI Twin Frozr IV Power Edition, or the Asus DirectCU TOP.

P.S. I think this is a Discussion thread, rather than a Question thread. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe it was "implied" consent. I'm sure it would have been different if it was EVGA cards. Can't made the vendor partners happy that Nvidia is not out being sold and they still have to wait a few days.

Someone decided to show off their shiny new Nvidia GTX 660 Ti:
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-660-ti-unboxing-video-leaked-reference-gpu/

i only watched the first part of the vid................ did you notice the time lag ( sound ) when he stopped and reloaded the MG ? Same thing with some controls. That's why I stopped playing the game. too much input lag. We need to be able to run this stuff on our machines not over the net. EA's Origin is probably the worst.