ASRock N68C-GS WITH AMD Phenom II x4 965 WILL NOT REBOOT HELP!!!

tinyud33

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
Hello,

I have a ASRock N68C-GS FX motherboard I just bought along with an AMD Phenom II x4 965 Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W CPU. For some reason, the computer will not restart/reboot no matter what the method. (Reset button, ctl, alt, del, windows restart) It starts and shuts down perfectly it just wont restart. After stripping it down to the basics, I found that if I replaced the CPU with different kind it could restart. I assumed it then, to be the CPU but when I received a replacement it still had an issue. I updated the bios and it still doesn't restart properly. Is this just a bad motherboard? Or for some reason do these two parts just not play nice?

Thanks

tinyud33

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
Hello,

I have a ASRock N68C-GS FX motherboard I just bought along with an AMD Phenom II x4 965 Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W CPU. For some reason, the computer will not restart/reboot no matter what the method. (Reset button, ctl, alt, del, windows restart) It starts and shuts down perfectly it just wont restart. After stripping it down to the basics, I found that if I replaced the CPU with different kind it could restart. I assumed it then, to be the CPU but when I received a replacement it still had an issue. I updated the bios and it still doesn't restart properly. Is this just a bad motherboard? Or for some reason do these two parts just not play nice?

Thanks