Sign in with
Your question

ASRock N68C-GS WITH AMD Phenom II x4 965 WILL NOT REBOOT HELP!!!

Last response: in CPUs
February 15, 2013 1:47:28 PM

Hello,

I have a ASRock N68C-GS FX motherboard I just bought along with an AMD Phenom II x4 965 Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W CPU. For some reason, the computer will not restart/reboot no matter what the method. (Reset button, ctl, alt, del, windows restart) It starts and shuts down perfectly it just wont restart. After stripping it down to the basics, I found that if I replaced the CPU with different kind it could restart. I assumed it then, to be the CPU but when I received a replacement it still had an issue. I updated the bios and it still doesn't restart properly. Is this just a bad motherboard? Or for some reason do these two parts just not play nice?

Thanks
February 15, 2013 1:52:44 PM

Hello,

I have a ASRock N68C-GS FX motherboard I just bought along with an AMD Phenom II x4 965 Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W CPU. For some reason, the computer will not restart/reboot no matter what the method. (Reset button, ctl, alt, del, windows restart) It starts and shuts down perfectly it just wont restart. After stripping it down to the basics, I found that if I replaced the CPU with different kind it could restart. I assumed it then, to be the CPU but when I received a replacement it still had an issue. I updated the bios and it still doesn't restart properly. Is this just a bad motherboard? Or for some reason do these two parts just not play nice?

Thanks
m
l
Related resources
February 15, 2013 4:16:07 PM

I did not know if a bios update or certain settings would fix it. why do they sell it as a package, seems silly
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 15, 2013 4:18:43 PM

nah theres no bios upated i guess u got ripped off
m
l
March 6, 2013 5:31:08 AM

meant to say 125watt chips.

the cheapest board that can overclock that does work with 125watt chips is ASRock 970DE3

if not overclocking,
ASRock 960GM
m
l
March 6, 2013 5:32:56 AM

same problem.
cheapest 125watt boards I can find are :
non overclock: ASRock 960GM
overclock: ASRock 970DE3/U3S3
m
l
a b à CPUs