ASRock N68C-GS WITH AMD Phenom II x4 965 WILL NOT REBOOT HELP!!!

Hello,

I have a ASRock N68C-GS FX motherboard I just bought along with an AMD Phenom II x4 965 Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W CPU. For some reason, the computer will not restart/reboot no matter what the method. (Reset button, ctl, alt, del, windows restart) It starts and shuts down perfectly it just wont restart. After stripping it down to the basics, I found that if I replaced the CPU with different kind it could restart. I assumed it then, to be the CPU but when I received a replacement it still had an issue. I updated the bios and it still doesn't restart properly. Is this just a bad motherboard? Or for some reason do these two parts just not play nice?

Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about asrock n68c phenom reboot help
  1. Hello,

I have a ASRock N68C-GS FX motherboard I just bought along with an AMD Phenom II x4 965 Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W CPU. For some reason, the computer will not restart/reboot no matter what the method. (Reset button, ctl, alt, del, windows restart) It starts and shuts down perfectly it just wont restart. After stripping it down to the basics, I found that if I replaced the CPU with different kind it could restart. I assumed it then, to be the CPU but when I received a replacement it still had an issue. I updated the bios and it still doesn't restart properly. Is this just a bad motherboard? Or for some reason do these two parts just not play nice?

Thanks
  2. hi that cpu is not supported on that motherboard http://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68C-GS%20FX/?cat=CPU
  3. I did not know if a bios update or certain settings would fix it. why do they sell it as a package, seems silly
  4. nah theres no bios upated i guess u got ripped off
  5. it's not supported. doesn' tlook like any 120watts chips work with that board.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/365280-28-asrock-n68c-phenom-reboot-help
  6. meant to say 125watt chips.

the cheapest board that can overclock that does work with 125watt chips is ASRock 970DE3

if not overclocking,
    ASRock 960GM
  7. same problem.
    cheapest 125watt boards I can find are :
    non overclock: ASRock 960GM
    overclock: ASRock 970DE3/U3S3
  8. This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
    HELP PLEASE ASRock N68C-GS FX & Phenom II x4 965 WILL NOT REBOOT
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs ASrock Phenom Motherboards AMD