Need Ideas for cooling!

Hi guys,

I need some ideas of cooling for my Amd A10-5800k cpu in a Gigabyte ga-f2a85x-up4 motherboard, in my Thermaltake Commander MS-I case. I was thinking of watercooling with a h100 or something but I'm not sure if it will fit. Can anyone give me an answer of will it fit and if not other cooling options, watercooling or passive.

-TheWaltonn
4 answers Last reply
More about need ideas cooling
  1. The h100 would work, you could mount the rad on top of the case, your case even has hose gromets in the back just below the case fan, I think I would use the h80 instead the rad is a little smaller and would be mountable on the back of the case.
  2. hillmanant said:
    The h100 would work, you could mount the rad on top of the case, your case even has hose gromets in the back just below the case fan, I think I would use the h80 instead the rad is a little smaller and would be mountable on the back of the case.

whichever of the two you go for, i'd say spend the extra £10-20 on the "i" version. the improvements are quite stunning. also, just bear in mind that the h80 has a double thickness radiator and a fan on each side. it is quite thick. if thickness isn't a problem for you, then i'd say get the h100i and add a couple of extra fans for a push/pull config! also, having the h100i at the top of the case with a push/pull config venting hot air out of the case will do your ambient temps a world of good as hot air rises. there has been a lot of debate as to wether it is better to pull cold air from outside onto the rad, or the use the air inside the case to vent the rad. benefit and loss to both: cold air in=cooler rad, but pushing hot air into the case, increasing the ambient temps. using inner air to vent=slightly warmer rad, but venting hot air out of the case, doing better things for general airflow.

personally, i will always go to vent the hot air out of the case, testing has shown that the cpu temps from the two options only show around 1-2 degrees C difference.
  3. I would recommend you a cooling option that is very low profile and only cost about half or less of the price of the h100. The h100 would be overkill.

Cooler Master Seidon 120M has about the same performance as a H70, but cost the same as a H40.

http://www.decryptedtech.com/enthusiast-peripherals/cooler-master-seidon-120m-all-in-one-water-cooler-review/Page-4.html

I also tried making a review of it, though it's kinda bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOYJoRc1Ci8

Hope you make a choice soon! :)
  4. Do you guys mean to actually install the rad outside on top of the case?
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Cooling Components Product