Will this graphics card be compatible with my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeDragonbane

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
Hello, I'm sorry to bother you all but I was wondering if this graphics card would be compatible and it is a Radeon HD 6670. This is the link if I did not word it right because I really don't know much when it comes to hardware and such of a computer. http://www.diamondmm.com/6670PE51GV2.php My computer specs are:

Manufacturer: Acer

Model: Aspire T180

Processor: AMD Athlon (tm) 64 Processor 3800+ 2.40 GHz

Memory(RAM): 2815 MB

System type: 32-bit Operating System

My PCU should also be 250 watts. If I'm not correct here is a link and I didn't modify anything besides my RAM. http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/desktop/0000/Acer/AspireT180/AspireT180sp2.shtml My goal is to run 3D games within an average of being smooth to having barely any lag but not much on 3D games such as World of Battles and Combat Arms. If I left anything out please tell me and I will try and post it.

Solution
That card should work out alright in your system and will give you the video muscle you need to enjoy just about any game you could want. Your PSU should technically work. However, I would really reccomend bumping it up at the same time. Pushing that 250 watt PSU could lead to premature failure of any number of pieces of hardware.

My quick reccomendation would be this Corsair CX430 v2. It's a great brand, nice efficiency, and you can pick it up for $26.98 on Newegg.

I know you probably want to keep the price down as much as possible, but you'll be happier in the long run knowing you have quality power going to all your pc components.

DrakeDragonbane

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012

Well I'm not usually exact but If a game isn't loading properly speed wise I try to load it on the lowest setting possible to make the game as fast as it can be on my computer. Sorry if I'm not specific it's just that if I want to play a game I try to use any method possible to make it load properly.

DrakeDragonbane

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012

Sorry if I don't reply sooner since I'm researching on other things too and my computer is loading very slow right now but my screen is 15 by 10 inches. 15 on the x axis and 10 on the y.

lordravage

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
That card should work out alright in your system and will give you the video muscle you need to enjoy just about any game you could want. Your PSU should technically work. However, I would really reccomend bumping it up at the same time. Pushing that 250 watt PSU could lead to premature failure of any number of pieces of hardware.

My quick reccomendation would be this Corsair CX430 v2. It's a great brand, nice efficiency, and you can pick it up for $26.98 on Newegg.

I know you probably want to keep the price down as much as possible, but you'll be happier in the long run knowing you have quality power going to all your pc components.

Solution

DrakeDragonbane

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012

Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.