  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
September 15, 2005 3:05:07 AM

The person who set up my computer at work, used a different name for the
administrator.

How can I discover what name he used.

I know the renamedadministrator password, but I would like to enable the
renamedadministrator so that I can make some changes to the system.

More about : admin user

September 15, 2005 12:05:56 PM

fran wrote:

> The person who set up my computer at work, used a different name for the
> administrator.
>
> How can I discover what name he used.
>
> I know the renamedadministrator password, but I would like to enable the
> renamedadministrator so that I can make some changes to the system.

Ask him.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 7:19:14 PM

Well, dude!!! There are wayz to get round of winxp's security for admin
passwds but it wud be illegal to discuss it here... So, get a new admin
account for urself and make any changes u wanr\t to make 2 ur system...

--
who_is_genius
who_is_genius's Profile: http://www.techenclave.com/forums/member.php?u=1218

Now don't you think I would do that if I knew where to locate him?

I am just asking how I can find out what the administrator username is so
that I can enable logging on to it.

"null" <null@planetzero.com> wrote in message
news:o u0PW3euFHA.1472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> fran wrote:
>
> > The person who set up my computer at work, used a different name for the
> > administrator.
> >
> > How can I discover what name he used.
> >
> > I know the renamedadministrator password, but I would like to enable the
> > renamedadministrator so that I can make some changes to the system.
> >

> Ask him.
>
> --
> The reader should exercise normal caution and backup the Registry and
> data files regularly, and especially before making any changes to their
> PC, as well as performing regular virus and spyware scans. I am not
> liable for problems or mishaps that occur from the reader using advice
> posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
> of this message.

September 16, 2005 5:46:37 PM

fran wrote:
> Now don't you think I would do that if I knew where to locate him?
>
> I am just asking how I can find out what the administrator username is so
> that I can enable logging on to it.

Hmmm, you don't explain what you've done so far to try to find it
yourself, so why should I spend paragraph upon paragraph of my own time
telling you to do something you may already have tried???? So, don't get
cocky - speaking for myself, I'm not going spend a whole lot of time
providing answers that you've already tried.

So, to get to the point:

Google the term 'john the ripper'. Not only will it crack an XP
password, but it'll also tell you the account names.

Can you manage to do that, or do I have to do that fer ya too?

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.
September 16, 2005 5:47:50 PM

who_is_genius wrote:

> Well, dude!!! There are wayz to get round of winxp's security for admin
> passwds but it wud be illegal to discuss it here... So, get a new admin
> account for urself and make any changes u wanr\t to make 2 ur system...

Illegal? I'm not so sure about that. If it's your own PC, or your
employer authorizes it, then I don't see how it'd be illegal.

!