admin user

The person who set up my computer at work, used a different name for the
administrator.

How can I discover what name he used.

I know the renamedadministrator password, but I would like to enable the
renamedadministrator so that I can make some changes to the system.
5 answers Last reply
More about admin user

    fran wrote:

    > The person who set up my computer at work, used a different name for the
    > administrator.
    >
    > How can I discover what name he used.
    >
    > I know the renamedadministrator password, but I would like to enable the
    > renamedadministrator so that I can make some changes to the system.

    Ask him.

    posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
    of this message.

    Well, dude!!! There are wayz to get round of winxp's security for admin
    passwds but it wud be illegal to discuss it here... So, get a new admin
    account for urself and make any changes u wanr\t to make 2 ur system...

    --
    who_is_genius
    who_is_genius's Profile: http://www.techenclave.com/forums/member.php?u=1218

    Now don't you think I would do that if I knew where to locate him?

    I am just asking how I can find out what the administrator username is so
    that I can enable logging on to it.

    fran wrote:
    > Now don't you think I would do that if I knew where to locate him?
    >
    > I am just asking how I can find out what the administrator username is so
    > that I can enable logging on to it.

    Hmmm, you don't explain what you've done so far to try to find it
    yourself, so why should I spend paragraph upon paragraph of my own time
    telling you to do something you may already have tried???? So, don't get
    cocky - speaking for myself, I'm not going spend a whole lot of time
    providing answers that you've already tried.

    So, to get to the point:

    Google the term 'john the ripper'. Not only will it crack an XP
    password, but it'll also tell you the account names.

    Can you manage to do that, or do I have to do that fer ya too?

    who_is_genius wrote:

    > Well, dude!!! There are wayz to get round of winxp's security for admin
    > passwds but it wud be illegal to discuss it here... So, get a new admin
    > account for urself and make any changes u wanr\t to make 2 ur system...

    Illegal? I'm not so sure about that. If it's your own PC, or your
    employer authorizes it, then I don't see how it'd be illegal.

    posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
    of this message.

Configuration Computers Microsoft Customization Windows XP