• Graphics Cards
  • Performance
  • GPUs
  • BIOS
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
August 12, 2012 12:05:14 AM

My gpu is outputing blue lines in bios and startup but not at all in windows once it has loaded. performance is just as good in bf3 that it has been. i just moved my computer to a new house as i just moved so maybe that has something to do with it and its going out???

More about : gpu blue lines

a b U Graphics card
August 12, 2012 6:47:23 PM

ok more severe problems. no the computer will not start at all. previously before taking a *** it would bsod with error code 09c. now it gets stuck at bios error code a3 or a6 if i hit delete to enter bios while booting. it never makes it to windows or bios. nothing outputs to the monitor.

things ive tried.
numerous cmos clears
different power supply
switching to onboard graphics and removing 6950
more cmos resets.
different pcie slot

im beginning to think its the motherboard as the bsod's where before the blue lines and the a3 and a6 errors are know errors for this board.

any ideas?
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 13, 2012 12:35:22 AM

Did you even try looking up the error codes? I'd try booting up while unplugged everything except boot drive, 1 stick of memory, CPU, power supply and monitor. So remove graphics card, all except one sticks of memory, unplug DVD drive, unplug hard drives that are not with windows, keyboard and mouse.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2012 12:46:40 AM

Sunius said:
Did you even try looking up the error codes? I'd try booting up while unplugged everything except boot drive, 1 stick of memory, CPU, power supply and monitor. So remove graphics card, all except one sticks of memory, unplug DVD drive, unplug hard drives that are not with windows, keyboard and mouse.

yeah they have to do with ide drives or scsi
0xA0 IDE initialization is started
0xA1 IDE Reset
0xA2 IDE Detect
0xA3 IDE Enable
0xA4 SCSI initialization is started
0xA5 SCSI Reset
0xA6 SCSI Detect
0xA7 SCSI Enable

i finally go it to boot by using a dvi cable instead of hdmi but now im back to hdmi.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 13, 2012 12:53:51 AM

Did you try reverting the overclock?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2012 1:19:27 AM

Sunius said:
Did you try reverting the overclock?

the overclock gets reset when you clear cmos. what weird about my overclock is that it will boot at 4.6 but no matter what i can not boot at 4.5 anymore. i have something wrong but i cant figure it out so im going to replace the gpu first and go from there. motherboard is next if that doesnt fix it followed by ssd.
m
l
!