Kernel Problem and Computer freezing with new GPU

grndmstrflsh

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Hey guys, I just installed a new EVGA 460GTX SE and a 650W OCZ PSU on my computer and I've been having some problems with my screen going black only to reappear with a small message of "nividia driver kernel version has stopped working but recovered" (or something along those lines). I did a clean install of my graphics drivers already, but I have recently begun having problems with my computer freezing. At first, the mouse is not frozen, I am just unable to click on anything, after I move my mouse around for a bit, the mouse freezes too and the computer stops responding. I'd really appreciate any suggestion for dealing with this problem :).

I have a Seagate 1TB 7200RPM barracuda, an OC'ed AMD phenom X4 black edition, EVGA 460GTX SE, 650W OCZ S series PSU, and a pegatron viola mobo.

Thank you in advance for any help!

grndmstrflsh

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Yup I did that first thing, everything is at factory conditions now. It froze again and I had to hard restart and i had some problems getting past the "starting windows" screen. Took me 7 or 8 tries and I already ran a startup diagnostic. I can hear the windows login screen noise, but it stays at the starting windows screen..

grndmstrflsh

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
I had a 9800 GTX, but it burned out and I bought a 460GTX. Update: my computer blue screened today, not sure how to proceed. It rebooted fine, but i am still receiving messages saying the kernel driver has failed but recovered. As a side note, youtube frequently crashes, and the Blue screen occurred while browsing steam.