Cooler Master Hyper 212EVO vs Zalman CNSP10X Performa

Samy0806

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
Hi, i want to buy a new CPU cooler and i was wondering which one is better when it comes to cooling performance Cooler Master Hyper 212EVO or Zalman CNSP10X Performa? Also do you think i should wait a bit more until the new Cooler Master Hyper 212X (http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6902) rolls out?

Solution
From reading CM's writeup on the 212X, I'd say don't bother waiting. It seems it's the same deal with the EVO over the Plus - just a different cooling fan (plus a few features that don't seem terribly important).

Looking at FrostyTech's latest charts, it appears as though the 212 EVO is the better heatsink, being both quieter and cooler (its lead is even more exacerbated in the AMD charts). This is just one review, though, so take it as you will.

Edit: Good catch from Timmy - the Dark Knight is an excellent choice right now (it's also on FT's charts - very close to the top, with only 4 air coolers above it).

Samy0806

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010

Sorry for double posting, the first time i posted it said thst there were some problems with the server so i just posted again.

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
From reading CM's writeup on the 212X, I'd say don't bother waiting. It seems it's the same deal with the EVO over the Plus - just a different cooling fan (plus a few features that don't seem terribly important).

Looking at FrostyTech's latest charts, it appears as though the 212 EVO is the better heatsink, being both quieter and cooler (its lead is even more exacerbated in the AMD charts). This is just one review, though, so take it as you will.

Edit: Good catch from Timmy - the Dark Knight is an excellent choice right now (it's also on FT's charts - very close to the top, with only 4 air coolers above it).

Solution

Samy0806

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
I was thinking that the Zalman CNPS10X may be better because it has 5 heatpipes, instead of CM's 4 and i think it is also a little bigger than the CM.

@timmy97236 thanks for your suggestion, but the problem is that i'm in Europe so i can't buy from Newegg.

timmy97236

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Ahh gotcha.... well i hear that the 212 evo is great. i havent heard much about the Zalman... also just a suggestion, make sure to use some good thermal paste, you will be surprised how much it helps performance. Artic silver 5 is great... also check out some reviews online, especially with those that are available in your area.

Samy0806

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
Hey, what about Cooler Master Hyper 412S, will it perform better then these two? I mean judging by it's product name it should outperform the 212EVO.
Btw i've read a lot ofo reviews lately and i'm really confused, in some of them the CM is better than the Zalman, and in others the Zalman is better.

HoboCannibaL

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
the 212 evo is great for the price + with arctic silver 5 thermal paste...it performs excellent.

the only issue with the 212 evo is that its very bulky, it only causes a problem with high profile ram in the first dimm slot in the "push" config...the pull config solves this, but you might gain a few degrees depending on your intake setup, and unless you're overclocking, the pull config is just fine.

Samy0806

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010

Yes indeed, i mean 412 > 212 so normaly from a higher model number you would expect better performance, but this is actually no big news on the market, many companies implement confusing model numbers, especially when they launch new product lineups.