Sign in with
Your question

Boot media error, then black screen with blinking white line

Last response: in Systems
October 2, 2012 6:28:49 PM

I woke up yesterday and saw this error on my screen:
Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

The screen was completely black and only with those words on it.

I just restarted my computer and everything seemed fine until my computer would freeze after browsing the net for 20-30 min and restarts and I get that reboot message.

I made a "repair disc windows 7 32-bit" and did the System Recovery Options menu and Startup Repair thing. It said it had an error(s) and it was fixing it. I ran it again and there was no error the 2nd time.

I then did a SFC Scan, 3 times. Everything was ok all 3 times.

Next I went to the action center and saw I had 47 errors!! But 46 of them were the same I did what it told me to do and sent it to Windows. The errors were:
Windows
Problem: Shut down unexpectedly
files that help describe the problem:
092711-6318-01.dmp
sysdata.xml

Windows
Problem: video hardware error
files that help describe problem:
wd-20120304-1619-05.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

Just now while I was backing up my computer, my computer froze and restarted and it ended up at a black screen with just a blinking white line/underscore.

BTW, i've had this computer for about a year now and I don't remember installing any software in the last few days.
October 2, 2012 6:43:59 PM

right now the problem seems to be using my computer and randomly my computer would freeze, restart, and give me 1. the black screen with a blinking white line 2. Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key
m
l
Related resources
!