Boot media error, then black screen with blinking white line

I woke up yesterday and saw this error on my screen:
Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

The screen was completely black and only with those words on it.

I just restarted my computer and everything seemed fine until my computer would freeze after browsing the net for 20-30 min and restarts and I get that reboot message.

I made a "repair disc windows 7 32-bit" and did the System Recovery Options menu and Startup Repair thing. It said it had an error(s) and it was fixing it. I ran it again and there was no error the 2nd time.

I then did a SFC Scan, 3 times. Everything was ok all 3 times.

Next I went to the action center and saw I had 47 errors!! But 46 of them were the same I did what it told me to do and sent it to Windows. The errors were:
Windows
Problem: Shut down unexpectedly
files that help describe the problem:
092711-6318-01.dmp
sysdata.xml

Windows
Problem: video hardware error
files that help describe problem:
wd-20120304-1619-05.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

Just now while I was backing up my computer, my computer froze and restarted and it ended up at a black screen with just a blinking white line/underscore.

BTW, i've had this computer for about a year now and I don't remember installing any software in the last few days.
1 answer Last reply
More about boot media error black screen blinking white line
  1. right now the problem seems to be using my computer and randomly my computer would freeze, restart, and give me 1. the black screen with a blinking white line 2. Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Boot Systems