TFT resolution and BattleField42

Last response: in Video Games
June 11, 2005 5:14:06 PM

Hello all,

At this moment I'm in for a TFT screen to replace my tube.....

But... most 19" screens are 1280x1024 and "as far as I know" changing this, is NOT recomended.

In BF-setup however i can NOT choose this format.....
only:
1152x 861
1280x 960
1600x1200

How do you soldiers cope with this problem...

TIA
June 11, 2005 5:14:07 PM

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:14:06 +0200, HaPe <hp.vandenoord@wanadoo.nl>
wrote:

>How do you soldiers cope with this problem...

Maybe you could edit this file manually to put in the desired
resolution:
My Documents\Battlefield 2 Demo\Profiles\Default\video.con
June 11, 2005 5:14:08 PM

> On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:14:06 +0200, HaPe <hp.vandenoord@wanadoo.nl>
> wrote:
>
>>How do you soldiers cope with this problem...
>
> Maybe you could edit this file manually to put in the desired
> resolution:
> My Documents\Battlefield 2 Demo\Profiles\Default\video.con

I think you need to edit the one in My Documents\Battlefield 2
Demo\Profiles\001 etc but for me it just causes a crash to desktop.

L.
June 11, 2005 5:21:17 PM

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:43:07 +0100, "Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod>
wrote:

>"Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:14:06 +0200, HaPe <hp.vandenoord@wanadoo.nl>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>How do you soldiers cope with this problem...
>>
>> Maybe you could edit this file manually to put in the desired
>> resolution:
>> My Documents\Battlefield 2 Demo\Profiles\Default\video.con
>
>I think you need to edit the one in My Documents\Battlefield 2
>Demo\Profiles\001 etc but for me it just causes a crash to desktop.
>
>L.

the op was talking about bf42, but the config advice applies there
also. crash to desktop happens for me too, since around patch 1.3ish.
before that manual editing worked fine. in the end i just binned off
bf42 completely, mainly because of this.
i won't be buying battlefield 2 unless it supports 1280x1024, which
appears not to be the case considering your experience.
any game company that ignores the growing number of flat panel gamers
is cutting its own throat. when i go to the effort & expense to build
a rig that will play well at 1280x1024 i expect the game to run at
1280x1024 - crytek, id & valve managed so they got my money.

dr ratt

gary: so there's no chance we can be together?
lisa: only if you promise me you'll never die.
gary: you know i can't promise that.
lisa: if you could do that, i'd make love to you, right now.
gary: i promise. i will never die.
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 4:17:02 AM

> i won't be buying battlefield 2 unless it supports 1280x1024, which
> appears not to be the case considering your experience.
> any game company that ignores the growing number of flat panel gamers
> is cutting its own throat. when i go to the effort & expense to build
> a rig that will play well at 1280x1024 i expect the game to run at
> 1280x1024 - crytek, id & valve managed so they got my money.

It's playing really well in 1280X1024 now - there is a quick workaround:

Edit the desktop shortcut for the sgame and add:

+szx 1280 +szy 1024 to the end.

L.
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 12:59:39 PM

Thanks Lorian, Will this also work in the BF42 (old) and Forgotten Hope??

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:17:02 +0100, Lorian <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote:

>> i won't be buying battlefield 2 unless it supports 1280x1024, which
>> appears not to be the case considering your experience.
>> any game company that ignores the growing number of flat panel gamers
>> is cutting its own throat. when i go to the effort & expense to build
>> a rig that will play well at 1280x1024 i expect the game to run at
>> 1280x1024 - crytek, id & valve managed so they got my money.
>
> It's playing really well in 1280X1024 now - there is a quick workaround:
>
> Edit the desktop shortcut for the sgame and add:
>
> +szx 1280 +szy 1024 to the end.
>
> L.

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 3:59:47 PM

wrote:

>> i won't be buying battlefield 2 unless it supports 1280x1024, which
>> appears not to be the case considering your experience.
>> any game company that ignores the growing number of flat panel gamers
>> is cutting its own throat. when i go to the effort & expense to build
>> a rig that will play well at 1280x1024 i expect the game to run at
>> 1280x1024 - crytek, id & valve managed so they got my money.
>
>It's playing really well in 1280X1024 now - there is a quick workaround:
>
>Edit the desktop shortcut for the sgame and add:
>
>+szx 1280 +szy 1024 to the end.
>
>L.

excellent, thanks.