2 Basic Wired-Wireless Connection Questions

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

I have a B-type wireless router with 4 additional ports. My typical
wireless connection is:

o Wireless Signal Strength: "Excellent"

o Network Connection Speed: 11 Mbps

o Internet Download Speed: 2,600-2,800 mbps

(1) Is there any reason to connect to my network by a CAT-5 cable, instead
of the wireless connection, when I am working in the room with the router?

(2) Is there any reason to connect to my network by both a CAT-5 cable and
the wireless connection when I am working in the room with the router?

TIA!

Steve
gfrx92y@yahoo.com

Note: Remove the "x" in my email address above to send me an email message.
1 answer Last reply
More about basic wired wireless connection questions
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

    If you are changing settings in the router itself, you need to connect
    through cat5. After you are finished, you can go wireless.

    Ashok S.

    "Steve Forrestor" <gfr92y@yahoo.com> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ:
    >I have a B-type wireless router with 4 additional ports. My typical
    > wireless connection is:
    >
    > o Wireless Signal Strength: "Excellent"
    >
    > o Network Connection Speed: 11 Mbps
    >
    > o Internet Download Speed: 2,600-2,800 mbps
    >
    > (1) Is there any reason to connect to my network by a CAT-5 cable, instead
    > of the wireless connection, when I am working in the room with the router?
    >
    > (2) Is there any reason to connect to my network by both a CAT-5 cable and
    > the wireless connection when I am working in the room with the router?
    >
    > TIA!
    >
    > Steve
    > gfrx92y@yahoo.com
    >
    > Note: Remove the "x" in my email address above to send me an email
    > message.

Wireless Connection Networking