Solved

So I recently put a Hyper 212 EVO on the i5 3570K - Too much paste?

Hello, last saturday I got my new components and I installed a Hyper 212 EVO on the i5 3570K. I went with the Cooler Master paste that came with the cooler and I think when I put the thermal paste on, a little bit extra came out of the tube. Although I didn't see any residu squeezing out near the sides, I am kind of worried.

I installed a 2nd fan on the EVO today, a CM Sickleflow, and my tems go around 27-33 on idle. Without the 2nd fan and the CPU on load my temps would go up to in-between 50-60. And on idle 33-36..

I can also give the heatsink a mini-twist like <1 mm, so does that mean I didn't apply too much??

I still have to test the 2-fan setup on load tho.

My system:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
CPU + Cooler: Intel i5 3570K + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO & 1x Sickleflow fan.
GPU: ASUS GTX660 Top
PSU: Corsair TX650M
Case: Corsair Carbide 300R

Also, can there be any turbulence if the 2nd fan of the Evo is too close to the rear fan? The gap is like 4 Centimeters.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about recently hyper 3570k paste
  1. ur temps are fine but if u have the thermal paste i would remount that cooler
  2. and I forgot to say I plugged the 2nd fan in SYS_Fan plug, no splitter
  3. burbee said:
    Hello, last saturday I got my new components and I installed a Hyper 212 EVO on the i5 3570K. I went with the Cooler Master paste that came with the cooler and I think when I put the thermal paste on, a little bit extra came out of the tube. Although I didn't see any residu squeezing out near the sides, I am kind of worried.

I installed a 2nd fan on the EVO today, a CM Sickleflow, and my tems go around 27-33 on idle. Without the 2nd fan and the CPU on load my temps would go up to in-between 50-60. And on idle 33-36..

I can also give the heatsink a mini-twist like <1 mm, so does that mean I didn't apply too much??

I still have to test the 2-fan setup on load tho.

My system:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
    CPU + Cooler: Intel i5 3570K + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO & 1x Sickleflow fan.
    GPU: ASUS GTX660 Top
    PSU: Corsair TX650M
    Case: Corsair Carbide 300R

Also, can there be any turbulence if the 2nd fan of the Evo is too close to the rear fan? The gap is like 4 Centimeters.

I'd suggest reapplying the thermal paste and remounting the cooler as said. Be sure the thermal paste that you apply is the size of a pea. Your temperatures are fine, however you may be a little cooler and on the more safer side if you do so.
  4. Best answer
    have u put a pea size of thermal paste, if you put more. id use rubbing alcohol 75% or more. clean the paste off. and make shur its all clean, than wait a bit and reapply a peasize of thermal paste. wait a few minutes than put back ur cooler.

should be fine.

temps are alright but should be lower.
  5. I just tested with the 2-fan evo setup with Far Cry 3, and temps go max 47C... They jump around 43-47
  6. iceclock said:
    have u put a pea size of thermal paste, if you put more. id use rubbing alcohol 75% or more. clean the paste off. and make shur its all clean, than wait a bit and reapply a peasize of thermal paste. wait a few minutes than put back ur cooler.

should be fine.

temps are alright but should be lower.

Would something like 'nail antisceptic 80% spray' (1000ml) alcohol work?
  7. no because depends of the nail polish remover. some can actually damage ur cpu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubbing_alcohol

3$ at ur local pharmecy or grocery store
  8. burbee said:
    Would something like 'nail antisceptic 80% spray' (1000ml) alcohol work?

No. Only rubbing alcohol will work. Couple of $ at your local pharmacy. Anything else may damage your CPU.
  9. actually ive used nail polish remover. but u need to use a very specific kind.

so ya. rubbing alcohol is essential
  10. Best answer selected by burbee.
  11. cheers.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Fan Intel i5 Evo