Closed

Upgrading options?

High first post here, i currently have a pre-made Acer X3470 pc. It has a small case so i dont know what options i have but i want to upgrade it to an a10-5800 if possible and add another videocard.
8 answers Last reply
More about upgrading options
  1. Upgrading an AMD APU is easy. If you can insert a plug into a wall outlet/main, then you shouldn't have any problems with that. There are how to videos on youtube.com you can watch to see how it is done.

A video card might be a problem. It will depend on whether you have an available PCIe slot on the motherboard and the size of the case. The has to be enough clearance for a card to fit inside the case.

Did you mean you are currently using the embedded video in the APU and want to add a card for CrossFire or do you mean you currently have a seperate video card and want to add a second card? Either way a video card might be a problem. It will depend on whether you have an available PCIe slot on the motherboard and the size of the case. There has to be enough clearance for a card to fit inside the case. The easiest thing to do is open the case and take a look. In addition check the owner's manual.
  2. I think it has an internal one that comes with the apu so i want to make a pseudo crossfire. And do you need a powerful psu to replace an apu?
  3. your motherbd has an fm1 socket and therfore cannot run an a10 processor.

The processor you end up using will determine which video cards you can hybrid-crossfire with.
  4. popatim said:
    your motherbd has an fm1 socket and therfore cannot run an a10 processor.

The processor you end up using will determine which video cards you can hybrid-crossfire with.

Good Catch! :D

I missed that completely since I'm not familiar with the pc.
  5. So i can get any amd apu with an F1 socket? How about the wattage? Sorry for my noobish questions
  6. bum p
  7. yeo
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Acer Cases Components