Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Upgrading options?

Last response: in Components
February 15, 2013 5:01:12 PM

High first post here, i currently have a pre-made Acer X3470 pc. It has a small case so i dont know what options i have but i want to upgrade it to an a10-5800 if possible and add another videocard.

More about : upgrading options

a c 248 ) Power supply
February 15, 2013 5:23:20 PM

Upgrading an AMD APU is easy. If you can insert a plug into a wall outlet/main, then you shouldn't have any problems with that. There are how to videos on youtube.com you can watch to see how it is done.

A video card might be a problem. It will depend on whether you have an available PCIe slot on the motherboard and the size of the case. The has to be enough clearance for a card to fit inside the case.

Did you mean you are currently using the embedded video in the APU and want to add a card for CrossFire or do you mean you currently have a seperate video card and want to add a second card? Either way a video card might be a problem. It will depend on whether you have an available PCIe slot on the motherboard and the size of the case. There has to be enough clearance for a card to fit inside the case. The easiest thing to do is open the case and take a look. In addition check the owner's manual.
Score
February 15, 2013 7:16:33 PM

I think it has an internal one that comes with the apu so i want to make a pseudo crossfire. And do you need a powerful psu to replace an apu?
Score
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
February 15, 2013 8:44:43 PM

your motherbd has an fm1 socket and therfore cannot run an a10 processor.

The processor you end up using will determine which video cards you can hybrid-crossfire with.
Score
a c 248 ) Power supply
February 15, 2013 10:40:05 PM

popatim said:
your motherbd has an fm1 socket and therfore cannot run an a10 processor.

The processor you end up using will determine which video cards you can hybrid-crossfire with.

Good Catch! :D 

I missed that completely since I'm not familiar with the pc.
Score
February 15, 2013 11:02:04 PM

So i can get any amd apu with an F1 socket? How about the wattage? Sorry for my noobish questions
Score
!