Sapphire HD 7770 4 monitor setup

vnavdulov

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
Hello,

Just got a new video card with 4 video ports. I am trying to set up my trading computer, since I lost my job last week. I got a sapphire hd 7770 hooked up three monitors and I can't for the life of me figure out why only two would work at a time. Can someone please help me? Thank you!

larkspur

Distinguished
Here, read this: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/344343-33-eyefinity-setup-guide

Remember that the card can only do two [DVI, HDMI, or VGA] monitors at one time so it will need to have the third (and fourth if possible with your card) monitor connected to a DisplayPort using an ACTIVE adapter.

Edit: Also - since this isn't for 3d applications/gaming, you don't have to worry about mixing resolutions, it's ok to do that on the Windows desktop and the card is still capable of outputting to different resolution monitors.

So, from Hugo's post (modified for four monitors):

Most 7xxx cards have the following connections

1x DVI
1x HDMI
2x Mini Display Port

Reccomended to connect in the following way

Card DVI ---------------------------------------------------> DVI Monitor 1
Card HDMI -----> HDMI to DVI Cable --------------------> DVI Monitor 2
Card MINI DSP --> Mini DSP to DVI Active Adapter ------>DVI Monitor 3
Card MINI DSP --> Mini DSP to DVI Active Adapter ------>DVI Monitor 4

Mikhoul

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

Thanks it was what iwas looking for... I was used to 3 monitors configuration and now have 7770 adding the fourth monitors was working fine EXCEPT I was not able to put the fourt monitors at the end of the config via software config Catalyst Panel. So mt guess was I will have to change reroute my wiring to the good output of monitor card to have my monitor sorted correctly... Cause now all work fine except that one video card output is always on the wrong monitor... ;-)

I was almost sure I can do taht via software to reroute port number and order, but nope.. I have to connect the monitor to the good video port number to have them in order... and not searching my mouse :p

Regards

TRENDING THREADS