Computer working fine first night, will not start up no

benjamingordishere

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
This was my first build.
After finishing putting it together, I got windows 7 installed, proceeded to download more updates but ended up falling asleep. Next morning' it would not turn on at all.
Specs: i7 3770k stock cooling
Asus p8z77v premium mobo
Kingwin mk1 1000w PSU
Nvidia geforce gtx 560 ti
Corsair dominator ddr3 32gb 8x4
The mono reset and power button LEDs are on, however when pressed nothing happens except the occasional psu fan led lighting up for half an second and CPU fan giving a slight jolt. Other than that nothing to my knowledge occurs. Checked all wiring (it was untouched before it stopped working, however), testing PSU using paper clip and its fine.
Heeeeeelp me please!

Sounds like your RAM is not seated properly.

Remove all the modules, inserting them so that both sides click in with just downward pressure on the chip towards the motherboard. DO NOT CLOSE THE SIDE CLIPS BY HAND, they should close and clip by themselves.

benjamingordishere

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Currently only 2 of the four modules seated. The are seated properly now, I will check to see if it works....

Nope, same thing, CPU move a little and stopped, psu light flashes and nothing happened.

(Excuse typos, on tablet)

Feldii

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
If Novuake's sugesstion doesn't work, try removing everything that is not essential for BIOS. I think you can get to BIOS with just the PSU, motherboard, and 1 stick of RAM.

That should help narrow the list of potential issues.

If it still doesn't work, double and triple check all of your connectors.

Ok try 9-9-9-24.

YOu can set timings in your bios if you're mobo allows. But it should.

First try whatFeldii said though. Also try different chips in different slot to rule out a faulty chip or DDR3 slot.

Hmm ok yes so theres no POST at all. Used to have jumpers on my board, but thats like 3 years old.

Last simple solution i can think of, reset the BIOS. Remove the CMOS battery wiht power cord out, press power button, wait a few secs and return battery then power. Recheck the whole system as Feldii suggested with minimal hardware. Try again...

benjamingordishere

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

Nothin.

Feldii

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
One thing to try: Push the CPU fan down and make sure that all of the click-fit connectors on the bottom have fully clicked. I know that sometimes they don't go in all the way, though that shouldn't stop the fan from operating.

Next I'd double check that the CPU fan cable is connected to the motherboard, and I might try switching which motherboard slot you put the connector in.

Also, of course make sure that the PSU to motherboard connectors are on good (I think there probably should be two separate connectors going from the PSU to the motherboard).

benjamingordishere

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

CPU in. Tried the cable in cpu _opt and got nothing. Mobo is powered. Keep in mind it stopped working overnight and had just been assembled.