Sign in with
Your question

Laptop For Gaming - Any Suggestions?

Last response: in Systems
October 2, 2012 11:43:31 PM

Hey everyone, I want a laptop for gaming. "Why not just get a desktop and build it yourself for gaming?" Because I already did that. And I need something updated with Windows 7 (I've been missing my laptop that broke down on me six years ago) and I do go on vacation a lot. Apperently, cell phones and iPads isn't satisfying me. So I would like a laptop for Christmas when I go out of town, which is like five-six times a year, every year. Do you know any good laptops that can games like Dragon Age II, Diablo 3, Battlefield 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, DOOM 3 BFG Edition, StarCraft II even. All on low-medium settings is what I would like to aim for. No internet access, juts something powerful enough to run those games so it can last me for a few years. Thanks in advance. =)
October 2, 2012 11:57:53 PM

FYI you can't play diablo 3 with no internet access
m
l
October 3, 2012 12:04:09 AM

You might be able to achieve low/med settings with an A10-4600m APU laptop without breaking the bank.
m
l
Related resources
October 3, 2012 2:19:54 AM

Aaab - You can't play Battlefield 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic with internet access along with StarCraft II. I'm talking about a laptop that can achieve low-medium graphic details so it can last me and my gaming needs when I go out of town for a few years before upgrading it again.

Dyc4ha - Thank you very much for the response and I don't know much about AMD's new processors. Anything in the line of a i5 2nd or 3rd generation? Also, money isn't an issue for me. I got some extra cash from my new desktop build and would like to get something for Christmas to suite my gaming needs. =)
m
l
October 3, 2012 9:06:36 AM

Around 1500$ this is very good value for money with a quad core CPU and a 670M

ASUS G75VW-T1042V

Look for them at your favorite store
Alternatively if you're ready to spend 2000$ look for a 680M or 7970M GPU
in an Alienware or another brand.
m
l
October 10, 2012 5:01:17 AM

alienware was bought by Dell. I wouldnt touch that brand. But that's just from my experience with the Dell Brand and craftmanship.
m
l
!