Best motherboard for my 2500k build

MasterZeef

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Hello everyone,

I had a fire in my house a few months ago that burned a lot of my stuff including my desktop. I have been using my laptop to get by until I got some money from my insurance company to start buying some of my damaged property back. I have somewhat been out of the loop on computer parts since my last build so I am having trouble deciding on what I want to order. I will be trying out eyefinity gaming with this computer, and mostly be using it for that. I've been looking at an i5 2500k, which I plan on overclocking, because as far as I have seen, that should be sufficient for gaming. At this point I am getting a 7950, I haven't decided which model, and plan on upgrading into crossfire in the somewhat near future. I am mainly having trouble finding a motherboard that would be good for the job, as they don't seem to have as many reviews or concrete benchmarks as other parts.

So if you guys could refer me to a specific model of 7950 and a motherboard for 2500k + Crossfire that would be great because I can't seem to figure it out for the life of me.

Thanks in advance!

g-unit1111

Titan
The 2500k has been discontinued so if you don't have it already you will be purchasing the i5-3570k. Gigabyte makes some excellent Z77 boards that have a great BIOS and lots of expandability in the $120 - $200 range. I have the GA-Z77X-UD3H and its a great board.

MasterZeef

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Well Newegg still has the 2500k listed with a price and everything and I have read that the 3570k generates a significantly amount more heat than the 2500k does. However, I did see that you can reach 4.5Ghz on the 3570k with stock voltage due to a new bios, which seems to yield about the same performance of a 5Ghz 2500k. I've been hovering around the Corsair H100, I'm assuming it would be able to cool the 3570k fine as well?