Sign in with
Your question

New PC Build Problem

Last response: in Systems
October 3, 2012 3:34:19 AM

Well I got my new motherboard, all the parts are installed and I can push the Power button and all the LEDs, and fans start spinning but I get no BIOS menu or splash screen, just no signal at all to my TV/Monitor. Just my luck, i've had nothing but problems so far.

If its relevant at all, my Ram had a red LED light, but I cleared the CMOS and re seated the ram and that is no longer a problem but I still get no BIOS or Splash.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Parts:
Case:
Azza Triton 401 ATX Mid Tower Case 4X5.25 1X3.5 4X2.5/3.5INT 120MM Blue LED Fans Window No PSU Black

Processor:
AMD FX-6200 Six Core Processor Socket AM3+ 3.8GHZ 8MB L3 Cache 125W

Hard Drive:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB 3.5IN 16MB Cache SATA3 Internal Hard Disk Drive HDD

Ram:
Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit

CD Drive:
ASUS DRW-24B1ST 24X SATA DVD Writer OEM Black

Power Supply:
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w ATX 20/24PIN SLI Ready Modular Cables 135mm Fan 80PLUS Power Supply

Graphics Card:
XFX Radeon HD 6870 900MHZ 1GB 4.2GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI 2x Mini DisplayPort PCI-E Video Card

Motherboard:
ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AMD970/SB950 ATX AM3+ DDR3 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 SATA3 USB3.0 CrossFireX Motherboard

Please only post if you have experience with building PCs and actually know what your talking about. I don't want any ridiculous suggestions.

More about : build problem

October 3, 2012 4:01:49 AM

Ridiculous suggestions?

Well, does your motherboard have onboard video? See if you get a feed from that?
m
l
October 3, 2012 4:03:59 AM

Has it ever posted before? were you able to get windows installed? The best way to check for problems is isolate parts. so try without a graphics card. Try each stick of ram individually. But I hate to tell you, that this is exactly what happened to me when my mobo broke.
m
l
Related resources
October 3, 2012 4:34:39 AM

lt_dan_zsu said:
Has it ever posted before? were you able to get windows installed? The best way to check for problems is isolate parts. so try without a graphics card. Try each stick of ram individually. But I hate to tell you, that this is exactly what happened to me when my mobo broke.

Nope, I just put it together and it never posted. I was going to isolate parts, but I thought a Graphics card and Monitor were needed for it to post, and that I could disconnect all the other parts and try it like that slowly adding each part 1 at a time. Can it post without my Graphics card installed?

I don't believe I have any onboard graphics.
m
l
October 3, 2012 4:39:50 AM

DanJustKidding said:
Nope, I just put it together and it never posted. I was going to isolate parts, but I thought a Graphics card and Monitor were needed for it to post, and that I could disconnect all the other parts and try it like that slowly adding each part 1 at a time. Can it post without my Graphics card installed?

I don't believe I have any onboard graphics.

well does it do the post beep at all?

if it doesn't (the post beep is where the motherboard makes one *beep* sound) make a sound take out the video card and just turn it on. and listen for a beep, if there is still no beep then we assume the video card is not at fault... for now
m
l
October 3, 2012 4:40:47 AM

You're right, you don't have onboard graphics.

It might be a memory problem. Try the sticks one at a time.
m
l
October 3, 2012 11:30:12 PM

Deemo13 said:
You're right, you don't have onboard graphics.

It might be a memory problem. Try the sticks one at a time.

I tried that, unfortunately nothing changed.
m
l
October 3, 2012 11:45:45 PM

I know this is a long shot, but do any of your friends have, an extra psu, cpu, or motherboard that you could borrow? This is the fun part where you have to check everything to find out which piece is broken.
m
l
!