Sign in with
Your question

Setting up a wireless printer to a wireless router to print from all pcs toms ha

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 5, 2011 9:53:19 PM

Hello, I have a wireless router with 3 pc's connected with ethernet cable and 1 laptop connected with wireless. How do I set up a new wireless printer so I can print from all pc's? I'm Using Windows XP on the pc's and Windows 7 on the laptop.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 6, 2011 1:29:52 AM

A decent printer will have a configuration button someplace and that should somehow lead to a setting for the wifi capabilities of the printer. Set it up and punch-in the IP address you want the printer to answer to and the subnet mask and you're done. Even I know that. I also know that you shouldn't be saddened when your printer always shows "Automatic" on your computers and never wants to print automatically (always needing to re-new the connection before it will print). Such is life.
m
l
November 16, 2011 2:59:34 AM

Bom,

Thanks for your reply, but I solved my issue by just connecting the printer to one of the pc's with a USB cable, then set up a network with printer/file sharing enabled on each pc after installing printer drivers on all pc's. Now I can print from all pc's on the network. On the wireless laptop and other pc's that are not wired to the printer, I had to add a printer by selecting the printer on the list that was connected to the pc with USB cable.
m
l
Related resources
!