Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Geforce GTI 560ti 1GB or GTI 550ti 1gb?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 12, 2012 11:58:00 AM

Here is my build:

Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz (going to overclock)
8GB (4GBx2) DDR3 RAM
500 Watt PSU
1TB SATA-III 6.0gb/s HDD

I am going to be playing mainly Battlefield 3 on settings like medium and high, and doing video editing, and recording with fraps. The 550ti is $127 cheaper, which is better for the buck? I'll play on resolutions such as 1280x 1024, nothing that's unnecessary.
a b U Graphics card
August 12, 2012 12:51:07 PM

AdmiralDuty said:
Here is my build:

Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz (going to overclock)
8GB (4GBx2) DDR3 RAM
500 Watt PSU
1TB SATA-III 6.0gb/s HDD

I am going to be playing mainly Battlefield 3 on settings like medium and high, and doing video editing, and recording with fraps. The 550ti is $127 cheaper, which is better for the buck? I'll play on resolutions such as 1280x 1024, nothing that's unnecessary.


compromise and just get a GTX 560 (non Ti)...
August 12, 2012 12:58:01 PM

verbalizer said:
compromise and just get a GTX 560 (non Ti)...

Will there be a performance difference that will affect my FPS/gameplay a lot?
Related resources
a c 289 U Graphics card
August 12, 2012 12:58:19 PM

GTX 560 Ti is around 60% faster than GTX 550 Ti.



Regular GTX 560 is around performance of HD 6870.
a b U Graphics card
August 12, 2012 1:00:56 PM

AdmiralDuty said:
Here is my build:

Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz (going to overclock)
8GB (4GBx2) DDR3 RAM
500 Watt PSU
1TB SATA-III 6.0gb/s HDD

I am going to be playing mainly Battlefield 3 on settings like medium and high, and doing video editing, and recording with fraps. The 550ti is $127 cheaper, which is better for the buck? I'll play on resolutions such as 1280x 1024, nothing that's unnecessary.



On the basis of your question, I would say the 560ti. If using fraps to record your gonna loose maybe 10-15 frames whilst playing. The 550ti may play BF3 on medium with some high settings, but with fraps running too, it wouldn't be pleasant. I've just gotten a 560ti, and love it. Plays BF3 on high at 16x10 but with fps between 40-60 +. You can extrapolate what kind of performance you might get. Admittedly your system is a monster compared to mine, so you might had better performance numbers with 550ti. Why worry about it though, hence my recommendation for th 560ti if the price isn't an issue!

Cheers :) 
August 19, 2012 12:08:34 AM

verbalizer said:
+1

massive improvement over the GTX 550 Ti and one notch below the GTX 560 Ti.
meaning less in price than the GTX 560 Ti if you can't justify spending that much.


What is better for the price/performance? Is 560Ti better than the 550ti? I don't want to shell out an extra 127 dollars for not much of an increase. Or should I get an ATI?
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 12:09:42 AM

AdmiralDuty said:
What is better for the price/performance? Is 560Ti better than the 550ti? I don't want to shell out an extra 127 dollars for not much of an increase. Or should I get an ATI?

compromise and just get a GTX 560 (non Ti)...
or HD 6870..
August 19, 2012 12:29:17 AM

verbalizer said:
compromise and just get a GTX 560 (non Ti)...
or HD 6870..


Would I get lower performance? I'm aiming to get 60+ FPS on battlefield, and spending just over 1000 dollars. The total build is $875 with a 550ti, would you recommend an AMD card?
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 12:35:40 AM

AdmiralDuty said:
Would I get lower performance? I'm aiming to get 60+ FPS on battlefield, and spending just over 1000 dollars. The total build is $875 with a 550ti, would you recommend an AMD card?

how much do you have for a card, max amount.?
AMD or nVidia doesn't matter, it's the price range...
August 19, 2012 12:53:47 AM

verbalizer said:
how much do you have for a card, max amount.?
AMD or nVidia doesn't matter, it's the price range...


I would have to say around $200...
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 12:59:27 AM

You can find a 560Ti on Ebay for less than $200. I sold mine for $140. My ti could max all my games and was pretty nice, at 1920x1080. But if you aren't going for all max and lower resolution get the regular 560 or 6870 Amd.
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 1:04:12 AM

$200 = GTX 560 Ti...
anything less and the HD 6870 and the GTX 560 (non Ti) are equals with the 560 winning one or two more games.
August 19, 2012 1:37:56 AM

verbalizer said:
$200 = GTX 560 Ti...
anything less and the HD 6870 and the GTX 560 (non Ti) are equals with the 560 winning one or two more games.


Should I get the GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB? It's 196 dollars. Would it have more performance than the 560ti?
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 1:52:55 AM

The gtx 660ti is not $196 you must be thinking of the 560 ti.
August 19, 2012 2:56:34 AM

selayan said:
The gtx 660ti is not $196 you must be thinking of the 560 ti.

I meant 197 dollars MORE expensive...
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 2:58:30 AM

Its a better than the 560ti by a little bit. Its got the new processor so it will last a little longer. Its up to you if you want to spend the extra 197. If you are on a budget you should be fine with the 560Ti.
!