Thor v2 and Sabertooth 990 R2.0

scootster123456789

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm a first time builder and am having an issue. I have all the connections made to the mobo and PSU, but the power button on the machine doesn't respond when you press it to power on. The mobo lights up when you have it plugged in. The cd-rom drive lights up when you flip the switch on the back of the PSU. But there is no response from the main power switch on the tower. I need some advice.

Be certain the lead from your switch is properly installed.

Also check that the secondary motherboard 8-pin power lead is correct (in that you didn't use the PCIe 6+2-pin by mistake!)

edit: I fergit :lol:

You may tale your screwdriver and temorarily connect/short the switch pins on the mobo header to boot -- this will take your switch totally out of the equation, and determine if you have other issues.

scootster123456789

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
Wisecracker,

I think it is the problem is that the wire that goes to the switch is not connected. I have a a couple wires that say Fan A1 or Fan B2. I also have 2 wires, one that says HD Audio, and the other Ac 97

I can't for the life of me think of the color of the switch wire :) but it should be obviously marked. It might have been orange (or green?). The white wire on each lead should be the ground (-). Avoid changing the polarity (BUT ... I don't think it really matters)

The end of the lead should be marked *PW* or similar. Have you confused it with the *PLED* ??

Shorting the pins (just a quick contact) should boot the system. Even a small paper clip will do ...