7850 Crossfire Problem, Second card not working

Hello

I have been having problems with my sapphire 7850's oc, These cards are factory overclocked and perform very well. When I am doing anything graphically intensive for over 30 minutes my computer freezes, I cant move the mouse change any of the profiles on my keyboard, the computer just becomes unresponsive. It normally does it when I am playing Battlefield 3

I have looked at the temp of the CPU and GPU when it freezes the CPU is around 35-40c and both GPU's ranges from 25-35c.

I am currently use the computer with no crossfire bridge and it runs the games fine with no crashing, One thing that i noticed is that the second GPU's fan does not spin just before the crash, its not just that it does not spin it just turns off. I cant see the any details about the card in CCC or any other program that I use.

I am using the 12.6 drivers currently, I have tried reinstalling the drivers, and i even formatted my SSD then reinstalled windows 7.

Computer details:
CPU - Intel i7 3820
GPU - 2x sapphire 7850 oc
Motherboard - Asus Rampage Formula IV
Ram - 4x 4GB G.Skill 1600mh/z DDR3
SSD - Intel 60GB 330 series Sata 2.0
HDD - WD Green 1.5TB Sata 1.0
PSU - Thermaltake tough power 775w modular
CPU Cooler - Corsair h60
Case - Coolermaster HAF 912
DVD Rom - 24x Cd/Dvd burner
OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

Please help I rely on my computer for everything School/work/gaming/CAD/Other
10 answers Last reply
More about 7850 crossfire problem card working
  1. "I am currently use the computer with no crossfire bridge"

the bridge must be installed for crossfire to work.

the cards must be in PCIe slots 1 and 4. and power must be connected to both cards as well.
  2. I would say the second card is having problems
    . Try just using one card at a time and if it still does it then you know you might have to rma the card.
  3. Um, put the Crossfire Bridge on...
  4. Guys I had the crossfire bridge on, just so that I can use it the crossfire bridge is off. Both card have power and I have swapped the cards around and the pcie slots around and still the same resault
  5. Uninstall the 12.6 drivers, use Driver Sweeper, install 12.7 beta drivers and make sure you install the 12.7 Catalyst Application Profiles. I had a similar problem with a 4850X2.
  6. Dr-Paperplanes said:
    Guys I had the crossfire bridge on, just so that I can use it the crossfire bridge is off. Both card have power and I have swapped the cards around and the pcie slots around and still the same resault

we had to ask!
    It may very well be a Mobo issue also.Any chance you know someone with a crossfire setup you can try your cards in?

another thing,have you plugged in the motherboard Molex power for the Pcie?
  7. Earnie said:
    we had to ask!
    It may very well be a Mobo issue also.Any chance you know someone with a crossfire setup you can try your cards in?

another thing,have you plugged in the motherboard Molex power for the Pcie?

No, i haven't. When I built the computer I saw that molex plug on the motherboard and i didn't know what it was four, I will plug it in and see if the second card behaves it self.

I will report back with the results.

Thanks.

This is really gonna mess with my cable management because the molez plug is torward the middle of the board. :whistle:
  8. Dr-Paperplanes said:
    No, i haven't. When I built the computer I saw that molex plug on the motherboard and i didn't know what it was four, I will plug it in and see if the second card behaves it self.

I will report back with the results.

Thanks.

This is really gonna mess with my cable management because the molez plug is torward the middle of the board. :whistle:

I know,buy its for extra power to the PCIe slots for multi-gpu setups,it may help.
  9. Earnie said:
    I know,buy its for extra power to the PCIe slots for multi-gpu setups,it may help.

It boots fine, I am going to do some stress testing. will post back with the resaults
  10. ok guys i think that Earnie has solved the problem, but i will post back if there is any problem again.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics