Windows Explorer & Context Menu Question

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows Explorer
  • Internet Explorer
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
September 15, 2005 11:32:50 PM

Hi,

Hopefully someone will have an answer to my query. I am using Win XP Pro.

When using Windows Explorer (the file manager) in "Classic Mode" I would
like either a new button on the main bar ie: where Forward\Back\Folder
options are. I would like to Create a "New Folder" button is this
possible, if so how?

Following on from the above, if a new button isn't possible on the main
bar. Would it be possible to edit the context menu (Right Click Menu) to
produce a "New Folder" option. If so how?

If none of these are possible inside of Windows XP Pro. Can anyone
recommend a suitable 3rd party utility that maybe able to produce the
results I am looking for?

Thank you.

More about : windows explorer context menu question

Anonymous
September 15, 2005 11:32:51 PM

That functionality already exists.
From Explorer: Right click to display menu > New > Folder

"AnotherXP-Pro User" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hopefully someone will have an answer to my query. I am using Win XP Pro.
>
> When using Windows Explorer (the file manager) in "Classic Mode" I would
> like either a new button on the main bar ie: where Forward\Back\Folder
> options are. I would like to Create a "New Folder" button is this
> possible, if so how?
>
> Following on from the above, if a new button isn't possible on the main
> bar. Would it be possible to edit the context menu (Right Click Menu) to
> produce a "New Folder" option. If so how?
>
> If none of these are possible inside of Windows XP Pro. Can anyone
> recommend a suitable 3rd party utility that maybe able to produce the
> results I am looking for?
>
> Thank you.

Anonymous
September 16, 2005 6:28:35 AM

AnotherXP-Pro User wrote:

> When using Windows Explorer (the file manager) in "Classic Mode" I would
> like either a new button on the main bar ie: where Forward\Back\Folder
> options are. I would like to Create a "New Folder" button is this
> possible, if so how?

Check out bxNewFolder.
http://www.baxbex.com

bxNewFolder adds a "New Folder" button to the toolbar of Windows
Explorer. It also provides a hotkey (F12) to create a new folder
within the Explorer more quickly.

I've been using this for a long time now and when copying and
pasting this I forgot about the F12 key.

While your there check out OpenExpert. A nifty "Open With" menu
utility that allows for assigning any number of apps to different
file extensions without messing with file associations.
Example: Right click on a jpeg file and have your assigned choices
of what app to open with it (GIMP, irfanview, photoshop, etc.).
A must-have for me.

> Following on from the above, if a new button isn't possible on the main
> bar. Would it be possible to edit the context menu (Right Click Menu) to
> produce a "New Folder" option. If so how?

As mentioned that menu option has always been there.

--
>>ANIME SENSHI<<
Marc D. Williams
http://tvdog.shacknet.nu/ -- DOS Internet & Tandy 1000