Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Looking for prebuilt 1500 or less just tower.

Tags:
  • Prebuilt Systems
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
Share
October 3, 2012 6:35:43 AM

Hi guys!

I have very little knowledge of building PC but would be willing to learn. The problem is their are so many choices for hardware I would be lost and to be honest their are so many suggestions it only makes me more loss in my decision making so thats why I don't attempt to build. I just want a good system for 1500 bucks to plug in and that will blow my mind away graphics wise and fps wise for a couple years to come. Any suggestion? Please and thank you.

More about : prebuilt 1500 tower

October 3, 2012 7:27:26 AM

Thanksy bigcyco1!
m
0
l
Related resources
October 3, 2012 7:31:01 AM

I'd also condone building a computer. It leaves you feeling much more accomplished.
m
0
l
October 3, 2012 7:43:06 AM

jwchef2002 said:
Thanksy bigcyco1!
No problem.Your welcome.
m
0
l
October 3, 2012 8:03:56 AM

building the actual pc isnt that complicated(if there's one complicated part, it would be the placement of the power pins/led pins/reset pins part at the most). the hardest part is allocating how much money to each part of your choice. everything else involving the actual construction of the tower is pretty straight forward and isnt really rocket science. the feeling of completion of parts that you got to pick as well as being able to show off your work to others(especially in this price range, most parts are assessable) will leave a good feeling.
m
0
l
October 3, 2012 3:29:43 PM

You can definitely build a great tower for less than 1500, we recently built a couple near top of the line towers in our office for somewhere around 1100 i believe (including MS Office but not including Windows 7).

You will probably surprise yourself with how easy it is to build yourself. I found that placing the actual processor, applying thermal grease, and heatsink was where i encountered the most paranoia that i could ruin something, but there are plenty of tutorial articles and videos online (not to mention the actual instructions that come with everything).


My personal recommendation for parts would be to start with which CPU you want and work out from there.

Intel core i7-3770K is prob the way to go with your budget, this will narrow your search to compatible motherboards by chip type(intel) and socket type (LGA 1155). My own recommendation would be the Asus P8z77-v PRO motherboard. This is the combo we are using at our office and we have had no issues.
From here you can (and should) check the motherboard manufacturers website for confirmed compatible memory.

Newegg is pretty great for searching components based on compatible specs too.
m
0
l
October 3, 2012 11:28:29 PM

Thanks jbourne84

jbourne84 said:
You can definitely build a great tower for less than 1500, we recently built a couple near top of the line towers in our office for somewhere around 1100 i believe (including MS Office but not including Windows 7).

You will probably surprise yourself with how easy it is to build yourself. I found that placing the actual processor, applying thermal grease, and heatsink was where i encountered the most paranoia that i could ruin something, but there are plenty of tutorial articles and videos online (not to mention the actual instructions that come with everything).


My personal recommendation for parts would be to start with which CPU you want and work out from there.

Intel core i7-3770K is prob the way to go with your budget, this will narrow your search to compatible motherboards by chip type(intel) and socket type (LGA 1155). My own recommendation would be the Asus P8z77-v PRO motherboard. This is the combo we are using at our office and we have had no issues.
From here you can (and should) check the motherboard manufacturers website for confirmed compatible memory.

Newegg is pretty great for searching components based on compatible specs too.

m
0
l
October 3, 2012 11:29:28 PM

Thanks!

dudewitbow said:
building the actual pc isnt that complicated(if there's one complicated part, it would be the placement of the power pins/led pins/reset pins part at the most). the hardest part is allocating how much money to each part of your choice. everything else involving the actual construction of the tower is pretty straight forward and isnt really rocket science. the feeling of completion of parts that you got to pick as well as being able to show off your work to others(especially in this price range, most parts are assessable) will leave a good feeling.

m
0
l
October 3, 2012 11:48:32 PM

If you're for building a computer, we can put some parts together for a budget.
m
0
l
October 5, 2012 12:32:04 AM

Deemo13 said:
If you're for building a computer, we can put some parts together for a budget.


That would be awsome!
m
0
l

Best solution

October 6, 2012 8:13:07 AM

Well, $1500 is a bit high, so I am going to do one for $1200, just in case you need a monitor or something else.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jucC
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jucC/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jucC/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($25.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($122.62 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($41.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($78.24 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($297.55 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Nine Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.28 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($81.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($92.32 @ Amazon)
Total: $1139.96
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

I also added Windows to the cost as well, as I figured you would need that.
Share
October 6, 2012 1:16:26 PM

Best answer selected by jwchef2002.
m
0
l
October 6, 2012 1:17:09 PM

Deemo! Thanks so much!
m
0
l
October 7, 2012 8:35:33 AM

No problem.
m
0
l
Related resources
!