Booneford

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
I did a whole list of specs for my 1k gaming rig, then guess what. Lost ALLLLLL the info on my computer, couldn't find anything, had to start over. It wasn't that hard, but I made some changes to my original list. so I wanted to make sure everything works well together and is good for the money.
I intend to use this system for gaming, internet, and that's about it. this doesn't include the mouse/keyboard/monitor. Thanks to Adsuki for helping me with my last post. ugh. so much hassle.

parts list : http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=15493529

Thanks so much! -Booneford

Even though I feel as if you are buying the power supply to match the case, I wouldn't recommend InWin. It is 80 Plus Bronze though, so it might be half decent.

Other than that it looks fine. You might want a CPU cooler if you plan to overclock.

Booneford

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
I don't plan on overclocking, and I chose the PSU because neweggtv (youtube.com/newegg) did a review on it, and it's eco friendly, and just enough wattage to have plenty left over. thanks for your input!

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Everything looks great. Though +1 to Deemo13.
80 Plus Bronze or any certification only means power efficiency, not PSU's reliability and longetivity.

You might also want to get a retail Win7 so you won't have to buy a new one everytime you upgrade motherboards or you need to RMA one.

Also, if you don't have any plans on overclocking at all, then money is wasted on a 'K'-version CPU, and a z77 mobo.
You can get either i5-3450 or 3550, then H77 Pro4/MVP.

Booneford

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Hmmm... I think I'll keep the k version, just in case. and my overall price actually went UP with that PSU, And I only intend to use my SSD to load W7 on, but I'd like a link to the retail version of W7 Home premium 64 bit c:

Booneford

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
I'm getting 800 bucks next month, and I already have 700, so realistically, price is no object, but I kinda want to keep this below 1k just so I have some left over for a good monitor/keyboard/mouse. you can just FEEL how much 5 bucks is gonna help. c;

Booneford

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Ugh. .-. ... I just wanna play a lagless ultra settings Borderlands 22222222222 ;-;

fack. this whole process has been stupid. the people at the eggxpert forums were 100% useless, and people here are better, but it's still hard to please everyone :/

IF i went with the OEM version, would I be able to install W7 onto my ssd?

Booneford

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

so can I or can I not load it onto my ssd if I get OEM? My plan was to load nothing but windows on my ssd so It'd start up quickly, and that's it. lol