Soundblaster sound card static noise

semperfidelis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Hi,

I just bought the Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion sound card.
Now I have very annoying noise (5.1 speakers and headphones). I tried swapping the slot of the audio card, no difference. The noise is louder when I use the front panel jack. I also disconnected the front panel, but still there was noise from the card. The noise is also a lot louder when using my headphones (Razer Electra) then when I'm using my headset (Steelseries Siberia v2). There is no noise whatsoever when using onboard audio.

Is there anyone who can tell me how to fix this? It was an expensive card and I want to use it!

Thx

make sure the onboard sound chipset is off so it not a irq/memory issue with the card. look inside the case see if there any power cables going over the sound card or near it or the cd-rom cables. (rule out cross talk/electrical field pick up.) some sound cards can pick up cell phone/wifi/bluetooth static if the cards or speakers are to close. does the sound get worse if the system under load like a game?? there bad ground in the case or ps sending out unclean power and the sound card picking up the unclean power as a noise on the pci bus. if not sounds like you go a bad card.

semperfidelis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
I already disabled the onboard sound (through windows). I just tested the card in a different pc I have, i made sure there was no power cable close to the ones connecting the soundcard and its frontpanel. I removed dvd stations. Still the same noise and really annoying.

Could it be it is a problem with the headphone not being good enough? However no noise whatsoever with onboard audio so...

semperfidelis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010

Yeah, I will do that. Thx