BF2 demo- nothing but problems

1) No resolution to select between 1152x864 (or something....) an 1600x1200,
Dell 20" flat screen and 6600 GT.
2)Can't map any of the num-pad keys. Program says double entity, wich is not
correct......
3)Can't create online account (yes, tried to disable firewall), message
"creating account" just stays for ever

Man, I'm disappointed

MrK
11 answers Last reply
More about demo problems

    That's pretty rough for you man. I feel your pain

    Visit 'www.tdgamers.com' (http://www.tdgamers.com)

    --
    Skclown

    '' (http://www.tdgamers.com/)

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:42:10 +0200, "Mr K"
    <konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >2)Can't map any of the num-pad keys. Program says double entity, wich is not
    >correct......

    I haven't tried, but I take it your numlock is correct?

    >3)Can't create online account (yes, tried to disable firewall), message
    >"creating account" just stays for ever

    I got the same message, but was able to log on subsequently using the
    username/password I created.

    "Mr K" <konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:a6Aqe.12654$SL4.275293@news4.e.nsc.no...

    > 3)Can't create online account (yes, tried to disable firewall), message
    > "creating account" just stays for ever

    I had the same problem. Turned out that the account was actually created.
    Try going to the Manage accounts and to a 'Retrieve' and I bet the account
    you tried to create is there.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    > I got the same message, but was able to log on subsequently using the
    > username/password I created.

    My account created cleanly in just a few seconds, but every time I connect
    it tells me "incorrect password" but always connects on the second attempt
    (with password saved, not typed each time)

    L.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:42:10 +0200, "Mr K"
    <konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >1) No resolution to select between 1152x864 (or something....) an 1600x1200,
    >Dell 20" flat screen and 6600 GT.
    >2)Can't map any of the num-pad keys. Program says double entity, wich is not
    >correct......
    >3)Can't create online account (yes, tried to disable firewall), message
    >"creating account" just stays for ever
    >
    >Man, I'm disappointed
    >
    >MrK

    Enter your control options, use ESC to blank out ALL settings, save
    it, then you should be able to select any of the unassigned Numpad
    keys
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    <Solidus> skrev i melding news:ulqma1do1p5niprcnobitcntslh0stpb0b@4ax.com...
    > On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:42:10 +0200, "Mr K"
    > <konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>1) No resolution to select between 1152x864 (or something....) an
    >>1600x1200,
    >>Dell 20" flat screen and 6600 GT.
    >>2)Can't map any of the num-pad keys. Program says double entity, wich is
    >>not
    >>correct......
    >>3)Can't create online account (yes, tried to disable firewall), message
    >>"creating account" just stays for ever
    >>
    >>Man, I'm disappointed
    >>
    >>MrK
    >>

    > Enter your control options, use ESC to blank out ALL settings, save
    > it, then you should be able to select any of the unassigned Numpad
    > keys

    Didn't work.....;( But thx anyway.

    MrK
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <YI8re.12391$ai7.301722@news2.e.nsc.no>,
    konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com says...

    > <Solidus> skrev i melding news:ulqma1do1p5niprcnobitcntslh0stpb0b@4ax.com...
    > > On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:42:10 +0200, "Mr K"
    > > <konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >>1) No resolution to select between 1152x864 (or something....) an
    > >>1600x1200,
    > >>Dell 20" flat screen and 6600 GT.
    > >>2)Can't map any of the num-pad keys. Program says double entity, wich is
    > >>not
    > >>correct......
    > >>3)Can't create online account (yes, tried to disable firewall), message
    > >>"creating account" just stays for ever
    > >>
    > >>Man, I'm disappointed
    > >>
    > >>MrK
    > >>

    > > Enter your control options, use ESC to blank out ALL settings, save
    > > it, then you should be able to select any of the unassigned Numpad
    > > keys
    >
    > Didn't work.....;( But thx anyway.
    >
    > MrK

    there's still some issues with the key assignments. i've found a couple
    myself, as i highly customize my key bindings so that i can fully use my
    nostromo keypad. i'd say they'll work these out with the release or a
    patch.

    /CF
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> skrev i
    melding news:MPG.1d170130fa3eaded989791@nntp.charter.net...
    > In article <YI8re.12391$ai7.301722@news2.e.nsc.no>,
    > konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com says...
    >>

    > there's still some issues with the key assignments. i've found a couple
    > myself, as i highly customize my key bindings so that i can fully use my
    > nostromo keypad. i'd say they'll work these out with the release or a
    > patch.
    >

    > /CF
    Yeah, hopefully before Cristmas..........

    MrK
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Mr K" <konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com> Spoke about

    > "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org>
    > skrev i melding news:MPG.1d170130fa3eaded989791@nntp.charter.net...
    >> In article <YI8re.12391$ai7.301722@news2.e.nsc.no>,
    >> konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com says...
    >>>

    >> there's still some issues with the key assignments. i've found a
    >> couple myself, as i highly customize my key bindings so that i can
    >> fully use my nostromo keypad. i'd say they'll work these out with the
    >> release or a patch.
    >>

    >> /CF
    > Yeah, hopefully before Cristmas..........
    >
    > MrK

    Here's a work around for your resolution problem:

    [Add this to the end of shortcut for the demo]

    +szx 1280 +szy 1024

    Adjust to what ever resolution want to run.

    MrToad
    aka {AGB}Weisses Fleisch
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "MrToad" <nospamoldgt@hotmail.com> skrev i melding
    > "Mr K" <konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com> Spoke about
    >

    >> "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org>
    >> skrev i melding news:MPG.1d170130fa3eaded989791@nntp.charter.net...
    >>> In article <YI8re.12391$ai7.301722@news2.e.nsc.no>,
    >>> konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com says...
    >>>>

    >>> there's still some issues with the key assignments. i've found a
    >>> couple myself, as i highly customize my key bindings so that i can
    >>> fully use my nostromo keypad. i'd say they'll work these out with the
    >>> release or a patch.
    >>>

    >>> /CF
    >> Yeah, hopefully before Cristmas..........
    >>
    >> MrK
    >>

    > Here's a work around for your resolution problem:
    >
    > [Add this to the end of shortcut for the demo]
    >

    > +szx 1280 +szy 1024
    >
    > Adjust to what ever resolution want to run.
    >
    > MrToad
    > aka {AGB}Weisses Fleisch

    Tried that one with 1280x960--------------------------------->CRASH

    MrK
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Mr K left a note on my windscreen which said:

    > Tried that one with 1280x960--------------------------------->CRASH

    That resolution is supported in the game anyway - no?
    --
    Stoneskin

    [Insert sig text here]

Resolution Video Games