BF2 demo- nothing but problems

Last response: in Video Games
June 11, 2005 5:42:10 PM

1) No resolution to select between 1152x864 (or something....) an 1600x1200,
Dell 20" flat screen and 6600 GT.
2)Can't map any of the num-pad keys. Program says double entity, wich is not
correct......
3)Can't create online account (yes, tried to disable firewall), message
"creating account" just stays for ever

Man, I'm disappointed

MrK

More about : bf2 demo problems

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 5:42:11 PM

That's pretty rough for you man. I feel your pain

Visit 'www.tdgamers.com' (http://www.tdgamers.com)

--
Skclown

'' (http://www.tdgamers.com/)
June 11, 2005 5:42:11 PM

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:42:10 +0200, "Mr K"
<konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com> wrote:

>2)Can't map any of the num-pad keys. Program says double entity, wich is not
>correct......

I haven't tried, but I take it your numlock is correct?

>3)Can't create online account (yes, tried to disable firewall), message
>"creating account" just stays for ever

I got the same message, but was able to log on subsequently using the
username/password I created.
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 11, 2005 5:42:11 PM

"Mr K" <konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:a6Aqe.12654$SL4.275293@news4.e.nsc.no...

> 3)Can't create online account (yes, tried to disable firewall), message
> "creating account" just stays for ever

I had the same problem. Turned out that the account was actually created.
Try going to the Manage accounts and to a 'Retrieve' and I bet the account
you tried to create is there.
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 5:42:12 PM

> I got the same message, but was able to log on subsequently using the
> username/password I created.

My account created cleanly in just a few seconds, but every time I connect
it tells me "incorrect password" but always connects on the second attempt
(with password saved, not typed each time)

L.
June 12, 2005 3:52:25 AM

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:42:10 +0200, "Mr K"
<konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com> wrote:

>1) No resolution to select between 1152x864 (or something....) an 1600x1200,
>Dell 20" flat screen and 6600 GT.
>2)Can't map any of the num-pad keys. Program says double entity, wich is not
>correct......
>3)Can't create online account (yes, tried to disable firewall), message
>"creating account" just stays for ever
>
>Man, I'm disappointed
>
>MrK

Enter your control options, use ESC to blank out ALL settings, save
it, then you should be able to select any of the unassigned Numpad
keys
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 11:21:12 AM

<Solidus> skrev i melding news:ulqma1do1p5niprcnobitcntslh0stpb0b@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:42:10 +0200, "Mr K"
> <konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>1) No resolution to select between 1152x864 (or something....) an
>>1600x1200,
>>Dell 20" flat screen and 6600 GT.
>>2)Can't map any of the num-pad keys. Program says double entity, wich is
>>not
>>correct......
>>3)Can't create online account (yes, tried to disable firewall), message
>>"creating account" just stays for ever
>>
>>Man, I'm disappointed
>>
>>MrK
>>

> Enter your control options, use ESC to blank out ALL settings, save
> it, then you should be able to select any of the unassigned Numpad
> keys

Didn't work.....;( But thx anyway.

MrK
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 11:21:13 AM

In article <YI8re.12391$ai7.301722@news2.e.nsc.no>,
konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com says...

> <Solidus> skrev i melding news:ulqma1do1p5niprcnobitcntslh0stpb0b@4ax.com...
> > On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:42:10 +0200, "Mr K"
> > <konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>1) No resolution to select between 1152x864 (or something....) an
> >>1600x1200,
> >>Dell 20" flat screen and 6600 GT.
> >>2)Can't map any of the num-pad keys. Program says double entity, wich is
> >>not
> >>correct......
> >>3)Can't create online account (yes, tried to disable firewall), message
> >>"creating account" just stays for ever
> >>
> >>Man, I'm disappointed
> >>
> >>MrK
> >>

> > Enter your control options, use ESC to blank out ALL settings, save
> > it, then you should be able to select any of the unassigned Numpad
> > keys
>
> Didn't work.....;( But thx anyway.
>
> MrK

there's still some issues with the key assignments. i've found a couple
myself, as i highly customize my key bindings so that i can fully use my
nostromo keypad. i'd say they'll work these out with the release or a
patch.

/CF
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 4:06:54 PM

"Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> skrev i
melding news:MPG.1d170130fa3eaded989791@nntp.charter.net...
> In article <YI8re.12391$ai7.301722@news2.e.nsc.no>,
> konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com says...
>>

> there's still some issues with the key assignments. i've found a couple
> myself, as i highly customize my key bindings so that i can fully use my
> nostromo keypad. i'd say they'll work these out with the release or a
> patch.
>

> /CF
Yeah, hopefully before Cristmas..........

MrK
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 5:40:25 PM

"Mr K" <konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com> Spoke about

> "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org>
> skrev i melding news:MPG.1d170130fa3eaded989791@nntp.charter.net...
>> In article <YI8re.12391$ai7.301722@news2.e.nsc.no>,
>> konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com says...
>>>

>> there's still some issues with the key assignments. i've found a
>> couple myself, as i highly customize my key bindings so that i can
>> fully use my nostromo keypad. i'd say they'll work these out with the
>> release or a patch.
>>

>> /CF
> Yeah, hopefully before Cristmas..........
>
> MrK

Here's a work around for your resolution problem:

[Add this to the end of shortcut for the demo]

+szx 1280 +szy 1024

Adjust to what ever resolution want to run.

MrToad
aka {AGB}Weisses Fleisch
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 8:27:39 PM

"MrToad" <nospamoldgt@hotmail.com> skrev i melding
> "Mr K" <konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com> Spoke about
>

>> "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org>
>> skrev i melding news:MPG.1d170130fa3eaded989791@nntp.charter.net...
>>> In article <YI8re.12391$ai7.301722@news2.e.nsc.no>,
>>> konto__S_N_I_P__T_H_I_S__B_I_T__O_U_T__@hotmail.com says...
>>>>

>>> there's still some issues with the key assignments. i've found a
>>> couple myself, as i highly customize my key bindings so that i can
>>> fully use my nostromo keypad. i'd say they'll work these out with the
>>> release or a patch.
>>>

>>> /CF
>> Yeah, hopefully before Cristmas..........
>>
>> MrK
>>

> Here's a work around for your resolution problem:
>
> [Add this to the end of shortcut for the demo]
>

> +szx 1280 +szy 1024
>
> Adjust to what ever resolution want to run.
>
> MrToad
> aka {AGB}Weisses Fleisch

Tried that one with 1280x960--------------------------------->CRASH

MrK
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 8:27:40 PM

Mr K left a note on my windscreen which said:

> Tried that one with 1280x960--------------------------------->CRASH

That resolution is supported in the game anyway - no?
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]
!