"other locations" in windows explorer window

In the left part of a windows explorer window, there is a part with "other
locations" where you can find hyperlinks to other important maps as desktop,
my documents and so on. Is it possible to insert hyperlinks to other maps
that I can choose to ?
1 answer Last reply
More about other locations windows explorer window

    Yes, this is known as the Places bar and can be customized using TweakUI for XP. These settings are found under Common Dialogs, Places Bar.

    TweakUI is available from

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp (SP1 and later systems)

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/downloads/powertoys.asp (Pre SP1 systems)

    TweakUI can be added to the Control Panel (it installs by default on the Start Menu).

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_addtweak.htm

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "jpvds" <jpvds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8B4ECE1-DB9B-4F24-80E3-5D48CB20748D@microsoft.com...
    > In the left part of a windows explorer window, there is a part with "other
    > locations" where you can find hyperlinks to other important maps as desktop,
    > my documents and so on. Is it possible to insert hyperlinks to other maps
    > that I can choose to ?

Configuration Windows Explorer My Documents Microsoft Customization Windows XP