60fps or Better graphics?

So which is more preferable, getting 60fps but with only high graphics, or getting 30-45 fps but everything is maxed ultra? I see videos on youtube benchmarking a8 with 6670 and they were playing dirt 3 and they turn the graphics to only high just to get the 60fps, I think it's better just maxing everything and still getting 30-45fps. I also saw some BF2 videos and the person only set the graphics to medium and got 60fps, I bet he could do high and still get 30-45fps. So which one would be best settings for the best gaming experience?
6 answers Last reply
More about 60fps graphics
  1. 60 fps. For me, 50 fps is unplayable for any fast paced action game.
  2. for a racing game, i dont notice when its at 30fps.

though if its a fps, 50-60fps is required for me
  3. nacos said:
    60 fps. For me, 50 fps is unplayable for any fast paced action game.

Really? 50fps is unplayable for you? What is a type of "fast paced" game your talking about? So if your were playing a console, it would be unplayable for you? Since consoles are 30fps, for me, anything around or above 30fps is good enough.

Anonymous said:
    for a racing game, i dont notice when its at 30fps.

though if its a fps, 50-60fps is required for me

Yeah me too, I was playing dirt 3 at 26fps and it still seemed very good.
  4. romeodakins said:
    Really? 50fps is unplayable for you? What is a type of "fast paced" game your talking about? So if your were playing a console, it would be unplayable for you? Since consoles are 30fps, for me, anything around or above 30fps is good enough.

I am just extremely ocd about it. I could always tell when I dropped below 60 fps in bf3 on my i3-2120 HD 6870 system and annoyed the hell out of me, even if it was just 50 fps. I could still play fine but it annoyed me so bad that I upgraded to an i5-3570k @4.5ghz and a radeon HD 7970.
  5. For any fast paced or multiplayer game you want to have 60fps! However if you want to have some eye candy in single player, anything above 40fps should be fine.
  6. This is all a matter of opinion, so I'll give you mine. I don't play anything below 60 fps, and I use 2x 7970 at 1080p to achieve this. In the few cases where I have to lower details to achieve a minimum of 60 fps, I do so. Before I had the hardware to do this, I played at 60 fps with low details, because it's incredibly hard to compete in FPS without 60 fps. In strategies I wouldn't really care, but SC2 and the like get 100+fps on ultra on my setup, so the point is moot.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Video Graphics