Sign in with
Your question

Product Key for microsoft word please

Last response: in Windows 7
February 15, 2012 6:05:25 AM

I purchased my computer from Rent-A-Center . I believe that the Microsoft Word Key code that was included on my desktop was used. NOw I dont know what to do. Do I have to buy more software?
February 15, 2012 6:17:52 AM

Return the computer or buy an MS Office Suite. However their are freeware office suites avilable that are compatable with MS Office.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 15, 2012 8:19:39 AM

If word won't activate, ring up microsoft and they can check, if it is a bad key they will give you another, if it's been activated or is dodgy, take it back to the shop, cry foul and tell them to expect a call from microsoft legal department and get a refund/compensation.
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a c 366 $ Windows 7
February 15, 2012 3:35:29 PM

Are you sure that they had the full version installed? Usually when you get a new laptop it comes with a trial version that expires after 30,60,90 days or something similar. Now if it was the full version and a key was put in already, that's no good, follow das_stig's advice then.
m
l
February 15, 2012 3:50:28 PM

Seychelle said:
I purchased my computer from Rent-A-Center . I believe that the Microsoft Word Key code that was included on my desktop was used.

So you bought a computer from a place that rents out computers to other people. Unless you bought that computer brand spanking, never used before, new then my friend you have just experience the digital version of Sloppy Seconds!! Enjoy!
m
l
February 15, 2012 6:12:56 PM

You can install 90 day trial of Office 2010. It's a temp fix.

Open Office / Libre Office are good options.

Good luck!
m
l
!