New Build Advice

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Computer
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
October 3, 2012 3:48:40 PM

Hello, so i have been thinking about building an entirely new computer from what i have. ive always bought budget parts and am finally deciding to scrap the system and go big or go home. note that money isnt really of issue here. it is to a certain extent but im definetly weighing quality over $$ spent. also note that gaming is the main use of this computer.

so heres the build:

- CPU: I5 3570K ($240)
- Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ($270)
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=2...
- Case: CoolMaster HAF X ($170)
- WD 2TB Black ($190)
- OS SSD: 120GB Samsung 830 (120$)
- Caching SSD: 60GB OCZ Vertex 3 (already owned)
- Graphics: GTX 660ti (already owned)
- RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600ghz (already owned)

note: all prices are taken from local computer show (canada computers) i would definetly prefer to get things from there due to no shipping time and they do have relativly good prices

time of purchace will be around christmas.

any suggestions of what to do better or any parts that are unnecessary??

More about : build advice

Best solution

October 3, 2012 4:03:34 PM

You don't need that board. At the most get a V Pro. Infact,a Gigabyte z77 ud5h is full featured. Anything more expensive is unnecessary just for gaming. Otherwise seems legit.
October 3, 2012 6:32:48 PM

allanitomwesh said:
You don't need that board. At the most get a V Pro. Infact,a Gigabyte z77 ud5h is full featured. Anything more expensive is unnecessary just for gaming. Otherwise seems legit.

I completely agree there. I also think the HAF X is quite a bit overkill. You could use the HAF XM and shave a good $50 - $60 off the price tag. Or you could use something like the NZXT Phantom or Corsair 400R and save even more money - and then SLI that 660TI. I don't get the idea behind the caching drive either.
m
l
Related resources
October 3, 2012 7:24:56 PM

Am all in favour of top quality, and the Asus P8Z77 range has that, but agree the Deluxe is over the top, for gaming. The V Pro is probably the best for features for gaming, and at least a realistic price. You are still paying a bit, just for the Asus name, but there's no denying the quality.
m
l
October 3, 2012 7:30:06 PM

I definetly will take all this into account, mostly i am looking for easy to use SSD caching to add to a Gaming drive (the 2tb WD black). and personally im just a fan of full tower cases in general, i know they are more expensive but i just enjoy having the space and not having to worry about upgrades in that regard.
m
l
October 3, 2012 7:41:41 PM

The cache does have sense actually, seeing as you haven't bought the 120gb ssd,why don't you save there as well. Run the cache and the 2tb. It's plenty fast.
+1 on the 400R.
m
l
October 3, 2012 8:10:30 PM

im gonna stick with both more so due to the amount of games i already own, im gonna be filling most of the 2tb drive with games already, i was moreso planning on keeping that specifically for games only, then having all programs/OS on the SSD for speed and ease of use
m
l
October 3, 2012 8:53:16 PM

2tb worth of games? damn
m
l
October 4, 2012 5:02:26 AM

Best answer selected by Nithl.
m
l
!