Need help overclocking gtx 560 ti

G

Hello, I am new to overclocking and I was just wondering if someone could help me with overclocking my EVGA gtx 560 ti 2gb version. My current stock settings are at 1000mv, 822mhz(core clock), 2004mhz (memory clock), and 1645mhz (shader clock). I am currently using EVGA precisionX and I will be using it and OC scanner to overclock. I also wanted to know if I will have to mess with the voltage at all since I heard some EVGA cards don't even need an increase in voltage to be overclocked.

Just push core clock forward 15 mhz each time. Run furmark in between rises for 15 mins. When you reach something like 900 MHz clock, rise memory till around 2200. Then start raising core clock again. If it crashes, either back out and stop overclocking, or increase voltage.

ATM I have my GTX 560 Ti at these settings:

Voltage: 1137 mV
Core: 975 MHz
Memory: 2250 MHz

G

Do you mind telling me what your temperatures are at load? mine stay at about 70c at 70% fan speed during furmark.

G

Do you keep fan speed at 100% while gaming? because the stock fan for this gpu is crazy loud starting at 70%. Maybe i shouldn't overclock if i'm going to push my fan even higher...

Well, since I play with sound on, I cannot really hear the fan, even though it's only 30 cm away from me.

I have this fan profile:

fancontrol.png

You'll have to put the fan on Auto to get lower sound. The GTX 560 Ti should be quiet, even when overclocking. If you can play overclocked with the fan on Auto, then there's no problem with higher temperatures, particularly if the noise is more bearable.