Sign in with
Your question

Best Mechanical Gaming Switch and Keyboard

Last response: in Components

Mechanical Keyboard

Total: 8 votes (6 blank votes)

• Corsair K95 (Cherry MX Red)
  • 100 %
  • Razer BlackWiddow 2013 (Cherry MX Blue)
  • 0 %
  • Razer BlackWiddow Stealth (Cherry MX Brown)
  • 0 %
February 16, 2013 2:45:44 PM

Looking into buying a mechanical keyboard soon, but I'm stuck on deciding what switch to use, then what keyboard I should pick.
I know the different types of Cherry MX switches, but cannot decide between the Browns, Reds, and Blues. This is mostly because I can't decide what keyboard. The only switch I have ever typed on is a Cherry MX Blue, and it was very comfortable. So what I'm looking for is for someone who has experience on all these keyboard, and to give feedback on what keyboard would be better overall for gaming and typing.

Thanks in advance!
February 17, 2013 12:55:23 PM

iceclock said:
depends whats your budget if you want the best here.

http://www.amazon.com/Filco-Majestouch-2-Tenkeyless-FKB...

160$ and worth every penny.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I am looking into the two above keyboards because I want the Macro features, as they come in handy sometimes in game. All I really want to know is which switch is better, and from there I will decide what keyboard I will get, bu thanks for the suggestions!
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
February 18, 2013 1:06:50 AM

id really recommand the corsair one i heard there built sturdy and have really good response time.

February 18, 2013 7:45:21 PM

iceclock said:
id really recommand the corsair one i heard there built sturdy and have really good response time.

Alright, thanks, I will probably go with the Corsair keyboard. Now just to wait for availability on the K95.
Once again, thanks.
February 18, 2013 10:07:29 PM

I'd walk into an electronic store and use the ones on display to see which type of CherryMX is most comfortable for you. I'm looking into either CherryMX Reds or Browns.
a b 4 Gaming
February 18, 2013 11:26:35 PM

thats a good idea also except most stores i know dont have mechs on display

February 23, 2013 11:36:50 PM

Yeah, unfortunately where I live, the only keyboard on display is the Razer BlackWiddow Cheery MX Blue.
February 28, 2013 7:23:47 AM

I have just bought the cm trigger with red MX cherry switches. I love it. Reds I heard are good for gaming, I'd recommend it.
April 7, 2013 9:15:59 AM

reds are very responsive and good for gaming, blues are very audible so you know to stop pushing down when you hear the click and browns are the quietest for people who don't like to hear the clicking noise. there isn't one type that's better than the other, its all personal preference :) 
!