Sign in with
Your question

New build, freezing?

Last response: in Systems
October 3, 2012 11:05:28 PM

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your time. I appreciate you viewing my post.

I just built a new PC just about a week ago. Everything seemed fine the first day. I installed all drivers, programs, games that I needed and I thought I was good to go.

The second day, I turn my PC on from sleep and all of the sudden my computer seems to have frozen. However, not quite frozen. I could move my mouse but if I had a window or menu open I wouldn't be able to do anything with it. This would last anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.

If I try to reboot, the shutdown and load up processes would take longer than usual from under 15seconds each to closer to a minute, even more.

Any thoughts and feedback would be great. I'll try and provide any/all information that I can. Just let me know how I could access and post it here.

Thanks, again!

More about : build freezing

October 4, 2012 1:05:51 AM

I'd first check the device manager if there are any drivers you are still missing.

However do you know if you had a powercut? I know this might sound strange but I've had similar problems with my other box where the system would be utterly slow after a power outtage. Since sleep saves critical safes into the ram (when the power goes out, there goes that information), you could try to use hibernate instead of sleep.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
October 4, 2012 1:29:20 AM

What are all your system specifications?
m
l
October 5, 2012 1:39:46 AM

Here's my parts list from pc part picker:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/i4Na
Windows 7 64

I'm changed the ram speed from 1066 to 1333 through BIOS. I know the voltage on the ram is 1.5v but in the BIOS it read 1.533v or something, so I wasn't sure if I needed to change that. Could the problem be with the mobo at all?

Also, what's a powercut? I know the lights in the hallway right outside my room flickers here and there from time to time. Could that have anything to do with it?
m
l
!