Sign in with
Your question

I5-3570K Intergrated Graphics Trouble

Last response: in CPUs
February 16, 2013 7:45:39 PM

Hi there, just to let you all know, I'm a new member here, although I've researched on Tom'sHardware many times before!

So, the story goes like this: I was installing LucidLogix Virtu MVP on my Ivy Bridge, Windows 8 (64-bit) system today, and I went to run the set-up and encountered the error "Integrated graphics device not found". I was confused by this 1. because my CPU is a Retail i5-3570K 2. I've used the integrated graphics before and 3. Virtu MVP detected it fine last time I had it installed. I found this post.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/333039-10-virtu-int...

As suggested, I went into my UEFI Bios (Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard) and to my surprise, there was absolute nothing mentioning the iGPU. Nothing. Wondering if my lastest overclock had anything to do with it, I reset the BIOS to optimised defaults, let my PC reboot and launch the BIOS again. Still, nothing.

At this point I should probably let you know I'm using an Asus GTX 660, connected via HDMI. If I switch the connection over the the mobo HDMI output, my monitor doesn't detect an input.

Once I had reached Windows, I launched AI Suite II, and that did not give any iGPU options either.

Has my iGPU mysteriously vanished? I haven't overclocked my iGPU before, so I don't think I've frazzled it at all (even then, wouldn't the entire processor stop functioning?) Any help would be much apprciated. I would just like to use Virtu MVP so I get better video recording in SimCity (tried 720p recording in the Beta today, very jerky) The iGPU is better for video rendering I believe.

Edit: apologies for my spelling of "integrated".
a c 194 à CPUs
February 16, 2013 8:00:24 PM

RyanM95 said:
Hi there, just to let you all know, I'm a new member here, although I've researched on Tom'sHardware many times before!

So, the story goes like this: I was installing LucidLogix Virtu MVP on my Ivy Bridge, Windows 8 (64-bit) system today, and I went to run the set-up and encountered the error "Integrated graphics device not found". I

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/333039-10-virtu-int...

with the sabertooth make sure your running the newest bios. the install the newest intel chipset drivers and then on page 3-26 the last video setting on that page tells you the ipgpu mpv is off by delault. have to enable it. then install the intel video chipset drivers for the ipgpu. it also may not work if you dont have a gpu card installed. software made to bond a gpu and the intel cpu together.also make sure from lucid you have the newest software.
February 16, 2013 8:02:41 PM

Full system specs:

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe (Rev. X.0x in CPU-Z, not like normal...)
CPU: Intel i5-3570K (Rev. E1, Stepping 9)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD (latest firmware)
GPU: ASUS GTX660-DC2-GD5
PSU: Corsair CX-430W V2
Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P (push-pull)
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (black)
Related resources
February 16, 2013 8:04:59 PM

smorizio said:
with the sabertooth make sure your running the newest bios. the install the newest intel chipset drivers and then on page 3-26 the last video setting on that page tells you the ipgpu mpv is off by delault. have to enable it. then install the intel video chipset drivers for the ipgpu. it also may not work if you dont have a gpu card installed. software made to bond a gpu and the intel cpu together.also make sure from lucid you have the newest software.

It's not a Sabertooth board. I have a GTX 660 installed. The drivers and firmware for the motherboard shouldn't be the issue, because the iGPU has been detected before with the same firmwares and drivers.
a c 194 à CPUs
February 17, 2013 5:03:11 AM

with asus mb bios if you dont turn on the mvp chipset (duel monitor support) when you add another card the onboard ipgpu will be turned off. if the chipset is turned on it should show up under video cards. asus has a lot of bios bug fixes for there z77 mb and there cap files. make sure your running the newest bios file.
February 17, 2013 8:42:18 AM

smorizio said:
with asus mb bios if you dont turn on the mvp chipset (duel monitor support) when you add another card the onboard ipgpu will be turned off. if the chipset is turned on it should show up under video cards. asus has a lot of bios bug fixes for there z77 mb and there cap files. make sure your running the newest bios file.

I found that setting, and enabled it, but the iGPU is still not being detected at all. In that screen where it has the MVP multi-monitor option thing, the iGPU Clock Speed is N/A.

Update: reflashed BIOS, ver. 801, did not solve the iGPU problem, although it did rectify a separate problem.
February 17, 2013 8:49:47 AM

This is the same problem I am currently having. IGPU setting was there one second, after my computer restarted because of this, from my other thread:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/331380-30-click-boost...

it disappeared, there is no IGPU setting anywhere. I disconnected my GTX 670 and plugged in the HDMI to the CPU, and still nothing. It was usable before installing my GTX 670 a couple of months ago.

After the BIOS not recognizing my "IGPU" settings today, my computer won't turn off unless I hold down the power button. If I click "Restart" computer, it completely shuts off then powers back on after 3 seconds. It wasn't like this.
February 17, 2013 9:01:34 AM

My iGPU is now being detected in CPU-Z, but not the BIOS, what on Earth is going on?

At least I know it hasn't died.
a c 194 à CPUs
February 17, 2013 10:35:36 AM

ryan in that menu it should be auto auto enabled (mvp) and enabled to turn on the ipgpu. save and reboot go back in and there should be a ipgpu speed. to the guy that there system hanging at shut down...power off the mb and clear the cmos.
February 17, 2013 2:27:25 PM

That fixed it! Thanks smorizio! Not sure why it happened in the first place. Now I'm using Virtu MVP and it works as it should.
!