Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: CPU/MOBO/GPU/COOLER

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Any

Parts Preferences: None

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1200

Additional Comments: Hello, i am going to be upgrading this computer soon for better performance currently the hardware that i am using now that i intend you to upgrade include CPU/MOBO/GPU. As of now i am using an i3220, msi b75ma-e33 motherboard and an asus radeon 6850.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: needing better performance for work/games

these are the items i have come up with myself
- i5 3570k
- Cooler Master hyper 212 evo
- MSI Z77A-G45 motherboard
- Asus 660 ti
17 answers Last reply
More about going upgrading advice
  1. i dont see the point of a upgrade.the i3 is perfectly fine for games and so is the 6850. i see zero reason to upgrade.
  2. and you wont see too much of a upgrade (in terms of price to performance ratio) in performance by going to a i5. not worth it
  3. TheBigTroll said:
    and you wont see too much of a upgrade (in terms of price to performance ratio) in performance by going to a i5. not worth it

I am going to be using this for work as well.
  4. what kind of work?
  5. either way the i3 still does fine. why did you get the i3 when you know you were going to upgrade? its a total waste
  6. daswilhelm said:
    what kind of work?

Video editing/graphic design/rendering
  7. should have gotten a i7
  8. with that kind of work you'd be better with an i7.

also changing graphics cards isnt going to do much for you unless you plan on gaming at a high resolution.
  9. TheBigTroll said:
    either way the i3 still does fine. why did you get the i3 when you know you were going to upgrade? its a total waste

i didn't buy it i received the motherboard/cpu from a friend free of charge for a birthday present... probably going to give it to my nephew. :D
  10. ohhhhhhhhh ok. that seems legit

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jifO

i included ram just incase if you want 16gb (which is good for workstations). if you want to save a few bucks, go and get a i7 2600k. they sell for 279.99 and perform about as well as the 3770k other than in video transcoding
  11. agree with bigtroll, go for the i7 and more ram.

just make sure your power supply can handle the 670.
  12. daswilhelm said:
    agree with bigtroll, go for the i7 and more ram.

just make sure your power supply can handle the 670.

also in reply to your previous post i work on two monitors and game on one.
    resolution of 1900 x 1200 each
  13. if you just game on one monitor, no need to upgrade your video card, unless CUDA would help your work programs.
  14. daswilhelm said:
    if you just game on one monitor, no need to upgrade your video card, unless CUDA would help your work programs.

I need cuda that is the main reason i am getting this card but also because i play bf3 and 6850 is lacking when it comes to fps and also in skyrim.... =/
  15. then everything makes sense. as long as your power supply is good.
  16. daswilhelm said:
    then everything makes sense. as long as your power supply is good.

corsair 750 w
  17. its good
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems