Sign in with
Your question

Sound Blaster Live 5.1 compatible for Windows 7?

Last response: in Components
February 16, 2013 10:46:54 PM

I came acrossed a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 and I wanted to install it in my Windows 7 rig. Is it possible?
a b $ Windows 7
February 17, 2013 9:34:46 AM

No, it won't work on Windows 7 as there's no compatible driver for it. It's an old, discontinued model which hasn't received any new drivers since Windows XP.
Related resources
August 20, 2013 4:58:15 PM

kassuba39 said:
I came acrossed a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 and I wanted to install it in my Windows 7 rig. Is it possible?

Hi ther is driver battar than creative driver fally control ur speeker :D  ... download line is
http://download.kxproject.lugosoft.com/?file=
my e-mail see11stone@yahoo.com willcome for any any questions
April 8, 2014 2:33:06 PM

phil22 said:
No, it won't work on Windows 7 as there's no compatible driver for it. It's an old, discontinued model which hasn't received any new drivers since Windows XP.

Had the Same problem (today) updating a XP PC (P4 series) to Windows 7... (since XP is now discontinued) BUT No driver for the Soundcard (SB Live! 5.1)
Did a google search, tried the 3th party driver (works) but did get errors and even a BSOD...

SOLUTION That Works Using Creative Drivers
:
Find your installer CD that came with your SBLive.. (or find torrent of the ISO -> search for: Soundblaster)
Copy the Driver directory to your HDD (or USB drive)
then select the EXE file in the Root and go to properties, then select to run in: XP SP2 comp. mode.
Then run the EXE..now it will install the "old" WDM driver and you got sound... I disabled the Game Port after install..
Seems to be stable.. got sound and no futher issues...

Hope this helps....
!