Sign in with
Your question

Are these CPU temps normal?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Fan Controller
Last response: in CPUs
February 17, 2013 1:11:21 AM

Hello, I built a new gaming PC 2 days ago. It has a 3570k processor, which I have NOT overclocked. The heatsink I bought has a built in fan controller knob on it. During the build I just left it alone and did not adjust the heatsink fan speed via that control knob. In fact, I don't even know if it is set up to full blast or all the way down or somewhere in between, because I didn't even touch it.

I have been curious about how my CPU temps are, I want to be sure everything is alright. So I downloaded coretemp and prime95. at absolute idle, my cpu cores (according to coretemp) are ranging from 26-34 degrees in temperature. (Those are the max temp readings in coretemp). After running prime 95 on the heat setting for half an hour the max temps ranged from 53-61 degrees.

I will also add that the case I chose for my build (corsair 600t white) has a built in fan controller for its 2 200mm fans and rear fan, the fan controller was set to around 40% during my temp testing.

I have never built a pc until this one, nor have I ever monitored my computer's temperatures, so I don't really know what the norm is. I just want to know if these temps seem to be good for my processor?

Also, I am considering doing an overclock to 4 or 4.2 ghz. What are the max temps I would want to see at a max load on prime 95 after overclocking? And if I overclock, and find that I am getting a little hot, should I turn up the fan speed of my heatsink or just turn up the fan speed on my case's fan controller?

Thanks for any thoughts on the matter, I appreciate it!

More about : cpu temps normal

a c 154 à CPUs
February 17, 2013 1:19:11 AM

rowdymoody said:
Hello, I built a new gaming PC 2 days ago. It has a 3570k processor, which I have NOT overclocked. The heatsink I bought has a built in fan controller knob on it. During the build I just left it alone and did not adjust the heatsink fan speed via that control knob. In fact, I don't even know if it is set up to full blast or all the way down or somewhere in between, because I didn't even touch it.

I have been curious about how my CPU temps are, I want to be sure everything is alright. So I downloaded coretemp and prime95. at absolute idle, my cpu cores (according to coretemp) are ranging from 26-34 degrees in temperature. (Those are the max temp readings in coretemp). After running prime 95 on the heat setting for half an hour the max temps ranged from 53-61 degrees.

I will also add that the case I chose for my build (corsair 600t white) has a built in fan controller for its 2 200mm fans and rear fan, the fan controller was set to around 40% during my temp testing.

I have never built a pc until this one, nor have I ever monitored my computer's temperatures, so I don't really know what the norm is. I just want to know if these temps seem to be good for my processor?

Also, I am considering doing an overclock to 4 or 4.2 ghz. What are the max temps I would want to see at a max load on prime 95 after overclocking? And if I overclock, and find that I am getting a little hot, should I turn up the fan speed of my heatsink or just turn up the fan speed on my case's fan controller?

Thanks for any thoughts on the matter, I appreciate it!

Those temps are fine for both idle and under load.
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 17, 2013 1:34:21 AM

yeah max for ivy is 105 so keep it below 90 and you'll never have trouble (and those temps are really decent)
m
l
Related resources
February 17, 2013 1:35:22 AM

Intel i5 3570K (Stock)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (1 Fan)
Antec P280 (2 Top fans, 1 Rear)

I ran a Prime95 Blend test for one hour and these are the results according to RealTemp and HW Monitor:

Real Temp 3.70
Core 0, 1, 2, 3 : 48, 52, 50, 53 - Minimum
Core 0, 1, 2, 3 : 62, 67, 63, 66 - Maximum
Core 0, 1, 2, 3 : 62, 57, 61, 58 - Average

HW Monitor
Package Temp: Core 0, 1, 2, 3: 60, 28, 67

This information is a re-post from Toms forum and should help you with your concerns.
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 17, 2013 4:21:46 AM

Perfectly fine temps. Everything is well within spec
m
l
!