Solved

Good Performance Low Price Build

Hello, i'm looking for some advice about this build for myself.

POWER SUPPLY: ANTEC HCG-520M 80 PLUS
M/B: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3
CPU: AMD FX-6100 3,3 GHZ
GPU: XFX RADEON HD 7770 1GB GDDR5 (OVERCLOCKED)
RAM: G. SKILL DDR3 4GB 1600MHZ PC3-12800
HDD: 2X SEAGATE 500GB SATA3 7200 RPM (RAID 1)

I've been reading about that the FX-6100 is not so good unless that you overclock it, but i do not how much i can push it with that PSU and M/B.
Also, i'd like you experiences with the GPU and CPU, specially if you have them running together.
About the RAM, i know i should upgrade it to at least 8 GB, but i cannot afford it, yet. :cry:
Thanks in advance. :D
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good performance price build
  1. Get an i3, one HDD and a better gpu if gaming.
  2. Thanks for the reply.
    Although i forgot to add that i already have the 2 HDD, i'm not spending money on storage.
    Why an i3 instead of FX-6100?
    About the GPU, the other option that i have is GTX 550 TI which in the most of the benchmarks is worst than HD 7770 and HD 6850, which is pretty close to HD 7770 from what i have seen.
    I cannot afford more than that.
  3. Best answer
    Vold316 said:
    Why an i3 instead of FX-6100?

The i3 is more power effecient, has better single threaded performance amd will cost you a lot less then overclocking a 6100.

You also have the option to wait for piledriver which is supposed to be better or go with the new trinity apu and do hybrid crossfire.

As for the gpu , for the performance difference the 7770 is a good choice for 125$.
  4. Hey, thanks again for the answer.
    What do you think about Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition, is it a better choice than FX-6100?, i'm going to use this desktop for gaming but also i'm thinking on the future technologies, that will probably use CPU's with more cores.
  5. the old amd3 and fm1 slot may be a dead slot now if amd moves all there cpu over to the newer fm2 slot. same goes now for ib and sb there on a dead slot. haswell that going to drop next year has a new slot.
  6. Best answer selected by Vold316.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems