Cant boot my PC

deaonlnub

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
i have trouble turning on my PC, it goes like this
after a long power off, usually a night, 8 out of 10 times it wont start for the first time the power button is pressed, green light is ok, red light flashes for several times but there is nothing on the screen no matter how long i wait but it'll boot normally if i press the restart button

Ive tried to disconnect (power cable) some of its components like fans and DVD ROM, this reduced the probability to like 2 to 3 times out of 10

can you guys sugguest what is wrong with my PC ?, thanks
and sorry for my English.

deaonlnub

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
my PC is home built and the specs are
Acbel 510W PSU
mobo asus P8H61-M
i5 2500k CPU
460GTX GPU
8GB of gskill 1333 RAM
2 hardrives
DVD ROM
an unknown sound card
i think i have that PSU for 4 years already

I'm thinking it is the PSU more then, after 4 years it seems to be acting tired. I would suggest swapping for a known good power supply and seeing if the issue disappears. If you have a spare or can borrow one, that would ideal here.
Another thing to look at is the motherboard, see if you can see any swollen or leaky capacitors.
Hope it helps

As a brand, Thermaltake PSU's are of decent design and quality but they do use more manufacturers for their PSU's than any other brand I am aware of. Anytime you have that many different companies building PSU's for you, there is the possibility of quality control issues but with a 2-5 year warranty (depending upon model), I wouldn't be concerned.

TRENDING THREADS