Jun 30, 2012
Hi everyone!!!! i have a question for all of you :)
ok firstly Specs:
-Intel core i7 2700K (planning on overclocking)
-Gigabyte GTX 670 factory OC triple windforce fans (AWESOME COOLING)
-16GB DDR3
-G1.sniper m3 MOBO
-800W power supply

i am planning on buying a second GTX 670 to setup an SLI configuration now... one problem :/ How do i do this. i have an SLI compatible MOBO and have the SLI bridge but don't know what to do after plugging them both in. these are my problems:

-Do i need any special drivers?
-Will it cause the heat in my case and in the graphics cards to rise?
-Is my power supply enough to run both cards?
-Any other changes that need to be made?

Solution
-Do i need any special drivers? No, just the latest nvidia drivers for 6xx cards.
-Will it cause the heat in my case and in the graphics cards to rise? Nothing noticeable.
-Is my power supply enough to run both cards? Yes.
Right click on desktop > Nvidia control panel > configure SLI, surround, physx > maximize 3d performance.

Take it from me, I have gtx 680 sli ;)

vegettonox

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
lol you pretty much have done all that you need to as far as hardware goes, once the bridge is connected and the cards are properly installed, you have to run the nvidia control panel and enable sli. When you enter the utility open the section "configure SLI, Surround, PhysX" under 3D Settings, select the Maximize 3D performance and hit apply to enable sli.

shahrooz

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
How many slots a windforce takes and how is it cooled? I mean the exhausted air, where does it go? as far as I know windforce does not exhuast it outside the case and it will make the other card under it hot have you considered this? you might get high temps because of that and some super awesome cooled cards take up to 3 slots so check if you can fit the other card in :)

iamcacao

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
-Do i need any special drivers? No, just the latest nvidia drivers for 6xx cards.
-Will it cause the heat in my case and in the graphics cards to rise? Nothing noticeable.
-Is my power supply enough to run both cards? Yes.
Right click on desktop > Nvidia control panel > configure SLI, surround, physx > maximize 3d performance.

Take it from me, I have gtx 680 sli ;)

Solution

iamcacao

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Also forgot to add that some games you might have to go into the settings and enable "2 video cards", but usually most games recognize it automatically. Older games will run on a single card, which isn't a problem since a 670 can easily max out any game that doesn't support SLI!