Sign in with
Your question

First Gaming PC Build $1350 Feedback

Last response: in Systems
October 4, 2012 4:11:26 AM

Just wanna do one last check to make sure I'm getting the best and right parts for the money. Hey guys this is my first time doing a PC build and I was hoping to get some feedback on the build I came up with. I have been getting a lot of different suggestions on the parts I have chosen and I really want to assure that this PC will last and run very strong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am an avid Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 player and I would like these games to run at high fps, no problems. I run into a lot of fps lag currently because my computer, well, just plain sucks, so I am hoping to be able to be lag free. Also it would be awesome if I could run the games with maxed out graphics..easily of course. Thanks guys!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jiSW
a b 4 Gaming
October 4, 2012 4:29:20 AM

Everything looks great.
I would usually recommend a GHz Edition since the performance boost is well worth the extra money, but since you've already gone over budget, the 7970 will be fine.

Happy building!
a b 4 Gaming
October 4, 2012 4:59:59 AM

runnerbh said:
Just wanna do one last check to make sure I'm getting the best and right parts for the money. Hey guys this is my first time doing a PC build and I was hoping to get some feedback on the build I came up with. I have been getting a lot of different suggestions on the parts I have chosen and I really want to assure that this PC will last and run very strong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am an avid Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 player and I would like these games to run at high fps, no problems. I run into a lot of fps lag currently because my computer, well, just plain sucks, so I am hoping to be able to be lag free. Also it would be awesome if I could run the games with maxed out graphics..easily of course. Thanks guys!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jiSW

+1 to that build. Solid. You should absolutely love it. My only recommendation, an MSI 7970. I think MSI puts better coolers on, which overclock nicer and operate quieter. That's more or less minor though.
Enjoy!
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
October 4, 2012 5:08:43 AM

Actually, yes. If he's planning on overclocking, MSI's Twin Frozr should prove best to get and it's about the same price.
October 4, 2012 5:36:35 AM

excella1221 said:
Actually, yes. If he's planning on overclocking, MSI's Twin Frozr should prove best to get and it's about the same price.

Isnt the 7970 MSI Lightning like 480$ ? LOL.

I generally see people with MSI cards overclocked much higher so they may have an advantage, but I do know their coolers arent better than Gigabyte by a small margin. I own a MSI PE/OC 670 and I love it, so there is no disappointment, but in your case 80$ for at most a 100mhz extra overclocking over a Gigabyte one that cools a few C better and quieter is absurd.

I don't know about Sapphire's cards, they should be great.

Altough my friend said AMD is releasing their 8900 series this Christmas as expected. If thats the case, 550$ for a newer gen card might be worth it.

------
Make sure your RAM/Mobo can work with your cooler.
------
I personally don't like my Phantom (full tower) I bought. It looks flimsy and weird when people see it. Airflow is really good, but I really regret overlooking getting a nice case. I strongly recommend you think about it. A 500R looks nice, and a white 600T looks amazing, I want to get it soon.

a b 4 Gaming
October 4, 2012 5:59:43 AM

Lightning....? We're talking about Twin Frozr... :p  Most MSI cards have it lately.
October 4, 2012 6:08:04 AM

excella1221 said:
Lightning....? We're talking about Twin Frozr... :p  Most MSI cards have it lately.

Lightning series is Twin Frozer 4. They just make up diferent series like Power Edition, Hawk, Lightning.
They all use their TF cooling.

Link Please? I don't see any other 7970's other an reference design and Lightning.
a b 4 Gaming
October 4, 2012 6:18:37 AM

AAHHH. Got it! :p 

Hmm, can't find any for the 7970. All Lightning. :( 
I guess Twin Frozr III ended with the 7950.
October 4, 2012 6:24:41 AM

excella1221 said:
AAHHH. Got it! :p 

Hmm, can't find any for the 7970. All Lightning. :( 
I guess Twin Frozr III ended with the 7950.

HAHA i can see how you were confused.
!